British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

55 minutes ago, Coventry_Bee said:

The people who I trust here are the people trying to save the stadium and that is Jeff and David. Yes Mick did attend a NSSC meeting and fair play for doing so, however at the meeting a few days before the rug was pulled under us I am sure he said mistakes had been made and he understood our frustration etc. Some 12 months later and the same tune is being whistled, where had he been all winter and if financially he is backing this venture that is a very big risk to take as what research had been done regarding fans actually wanting a team and going to Leicester?  12 months ago we were not in a financial position to be able to complete the campaign in the view of the BSPA, what's changed in regard to this as if no fans turn up then there will be incomplete fixtures?  His remarks about keeping it professional regarding criticism from ex employees such as Bomber, Colin Pratt etc. I don't think they have said anything yet that has been ultra damaging and they are both highly regarded and respected in the speedway world.  Respect and loyalty is earned and I don't think that's really sunk in with the current promotion. 

It does seem you are in a Sandhu corner or a Horton corner.  Both parties failed us to a point, my only question regarding Sandhu is the banks didn't just say sell tomorrow ! he had time to maybe sell to somebody who would keep the stadium the way it was being run. However I trust him a whole lot more and on the whole 90% of us would think the same. As in the podcast Mick correctly states that he owns the Bees and would be selective to who he would sell too? That opens up more questions as to if Sandhu would even be an option if a new site was to be built on as they would have to work together, Sandhu has capital and the stox rights, once this is all sorted Mick will have no assets just the rights to run a speedway team.  

Is that the same dodgy  sandhu  that's was involved with the money launderer and who only owned half of the stadium after HMRC  retained the stadium until his partner paid £2,000'000 back 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-20308824?SThisFB

• Like 1

After listening to the Facebook chat, which is well worth a listen, I still can’t understand the disconnect between the current promotion and the campaign group.Horton says he wants to cooperate with them ,must be a reason they don’t want him on board.

i don’t trust Sandhu either he has obviously contributed to this  mess.

going forward we just have to hope Rugby BC reject the application and the subsequent appeals which will no doubt follow and drag it out for several years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, naffer said:

After listening to the Facebook chat, which is well worth a listen, I still can’t understand the disconnect between the current promotion and the campaign group.Horton says he wants to cooperate with them ,must be a reason they don’t want him on board.

i don’t trust Sandhu either he has obviously contributed to this  mess.

going forward we just have to hope Rugby BC reject the application and the subsequent appeals which will no doubt follow and drag it out for several years.

This is frustrating for me, whether we like It or not Horton is owner of Coventry Speedway and the group and Horton need to work together. Both Horton and the SCS say we need to look forward let's do that!

21 hours ago, mac101 said:

Is that the same dodgy  sandhu  that's was involved with the money launderer and who only owned half of the stadium after HMRC  retained the stadium until his partner paid £2,000'000 back 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-20308824?SThisFB

Where does that article, or any other in fact, say Sandhu was involved in money laundering?

1 hour ago, SCB said:

Where does that article, or any other in fact, say Sandhu was involved in money laundering?

Where does the previous poster accuse Sandhu of money laundering?

He says Sandhu was involved with a money launderer.   That is quite true.  The Jatinder Singh Batth quoted in the article was a convicted money launderer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david_rowe said:

The campaign group has no allegiance to anyone, and any evidence of “all the trouble the group has caused” would be welcomed.  

If I in any way felt that what was being done was not being done in a professional or respectful way I wouldn’t be putting my name to it as one of those involved - especially as I am quite openly involved in various ways across the sport.

You’re welcome to come to a campaign group meeting, you might learn something - but I guess then we might also learn your identity, which presumably you don’t want to happen.

Well said Dave.   Keep up the good work,  you`re doing a great job.

• Like 3

As Jeff Davies said on a Facebook post the fight is with Brandon Estates what's happened in the past is done and we can't change that. We are all passionate and sometimes go overboard but Brandon Estates wants this infighting. I myself am very guilty of this at times. Do what you want to do go to Leicester or not but the fight should really be against Brandon Estates.

6 hours ago, adonis said:

I think it's better as it is TBH ,  after all the trouble the group has caused , each side has it's own ideas on the way forward ( the group still favour Sandhu despite the evidence that it's mainly his fault )   and who needs a load of infighting and ego's pulling the whole thing down , If Brandon estates suss their allegiance to Sandhu , that will be another thing that will keep BE away from any negotiations 

So, what trouble has the group caused? :o

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adonis said:

apart from the rift created between the bees supporters , do you mean , and the attempts to make the NL venture fail , not a lot I suppose , of course it 's fine for them to to continually berate Hortons efforts  to keep the name alive , but woe betide anyone who thinks the move to Leicester is the best that can be hoped for ,if you wish to see any sort of Bees team race .  

You surely have to be closely related to Horton to spout the continual bile and lies on here in support of Horton.

The only fact on here is the vast majority of Bees supporters do not rightly so trust Horton and will not be giving him any of their money. Whatever the consequences then so be it but he is the kind of person Brandon Estates need to drag us to oblivion and they will succeed.

Jeff and David have always shown passion and integrity to save Coventry stadium and the Bees, all of this is alien to Horton.

However you just keep showing your support for that perpetual liar and loser.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The SCS group have said continually that if you want to go to Leicester then go as they don't see it will have an effect on what they are trying to do. Jeff expressed an opinion that he thinks the team at Leicester isnt Coventry Bees as we are at NL level, he hasn't said to fans don't go. I do differ from his opinion on this, Coventry Bees shouldnt be at NL level but unfortunately we are, a league doesn't define what a club is. I say again the fight is to Brandon Estates now.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, adonis said:

apart from the rift created between the bees supporters , do you mean , and the attempts to make the NL venture fail , not a lot I suppose , of course it 's fine for them to to continually berate Hortons efforts  to keep the name alive , but woe betide anyone who thinks the move to Leicester is the best that can be hoped for ,if you wish to see any sort of Bees team race .  

Brandon Estates have caused the rift, they are the reason we are in this position going into the 2018 season.

Now about the team! Good to see Danny Phillips getting a championship place at Scunthorpe.

Edited by Woz01

Adonis sounds like the exiled Speedibee with his obsession with  Sandhu? Yet he call's me sad :blink:

It would be hilarious if Mr Geary has indeed popped back up with the forum name Adonis, cos Adonis he ain't :lol:

• Like 2

I think Adonis is female. Speedibee has recently posted too so his exile must be over.

• Like 1