British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Fabulous result, I have to admit when I read the article about it I got something in my eye at the same time .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naffer said:

Fabulous result, I have to admit when I read the article about it I got something in my eye at the same time .

Same here. I honestly expected a few hundred at most, it really is a staggering number. 

• Like 1

Surely the magnitude of international support gives the various factions within the Bees fan base comfort and an opportunity to bury their differences, at least publicly and anywhere (like here) that the negatives can be exploited and utilised against Coventry Speedway. Great opportunity to keep it private guys don't eff it up !

It seems Coventry Bees will be searching for a new number one, Glasgow announced Jack Parkinson-Blackburn is taking a break from the sport.

Knight & Mountain look the only options as a stand out number 1. Surely Bowtell would be happy with the ride though. 

• Like 1

Maybe knight would fill both his team spots But would he fancy the long journey every Friday night for 3 rides ?

Id take Knight or Mountain. I was impressed with Knight a few years back when he rode at Brandon. Not seen Mountain live but fans seem to like him. It would be a huge shame if we had to make more than one change.

Mountain would be my guess.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mac101 said:

Maybe knight would fill both his team spots But would he fancy the long journey every Friday night for 3 rides ?

For the Money Glasgow pay yes

mountain_connor.jpgCOVENTRY have moved quickly to snap up Connor Mountain as their new No.1 – after being forced into an eve-of-season change of plan.
The Bees had been set to go into the campaign, which starts at Birmingham next Wednesday (March 28), with 17-year-old Jack Parkinson-Blackburn at the top of the order.
But it was announced on Monday that the former British Youth Champion was taking time out of the sport, and will not be taking up his team places with either Coventry or Championship club Glasgow.
Bees therefore rapidly re-established contact with Mountain, who had shown an interest in joining the club earlier in the winter.
The 20-year-old suffered a broken back in 2016 but recovered to enjoy his best season in the sport last year, posting a 9.06 average for Mildenhall and progressing at Championship level with Ipswich.
Promoter Mick Horton said: “Connor approached me several weeks ago about joining us, but unfortunately for him we’d just completed our team at that stage.
“It was a shame for him that he missed out, but thankfully for us he was still available when the situation changed with the events of late.
“Connor is without doubt a recognised No.1 in the National League, and we’re very pleased to have him on board.
“He jumped at the chance of joining us, and he’ll be with us at Birmingham next Wednesday although we will need a guest at Belle Vue on Good Friday as he’s already committed with Ipswich on that day. 
“As a club we’d also like to wish Jack all the best. It’s clearly something he needs to sort out himself, and I’m sure he will be bouncing back in the near future.”
With press and practice last weekend having been postponed due to the weather, Coventry are one of several clubs whose riders have been short of time on the circuit ahead of the official start of the season.
Horton added: “We’re desperately trying to get some track time at Leicester but it’s not easy at the moment, the track has taken on a lot of water and they’re working hard on it as we speak.”

• Like 1