British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

31 minutes ago, ChrisSimpson said:

I wonder if they will still be of the same opinion if or when Brandon is demolished?  Can the housing developers be stopped from removing stuff, digging up the track and drainage etc?  heard the other day they have had a quote to tear down and remove the hangers.

I'd love to be back at Brandon just like any other Bees fan, but the chances of it ever happening I'd say are minute.

The site is designated for motorsports so I dont think they can take it down without permission. Also they need permission due to the amount of asbestos.

Does anybody know what time the gates open for Coventry home matches please? 

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Does anybody know what time the gates open for Coventry home matches please? 

2 pm.

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

2 pm.

Thanks for your help.

With about 12 weeks of the season left, has anyone heard of any plans for next year? are the promotion doing anything?

47 minutes ago, batters said:

With about 12 weeks of the season left, has anyone heard of any plans for next year? are the promotion doing anything?

Promotion are running the team and Save Cov Speedway group are campaigning. I don't think there is any chance of Speedway or Stox being at Brandon next season at this stage so it'll either be Leicester or no where. There are still 8 'home' meetings left plus the 4s so when it gets into the latter stages of the season we may hear what the plan is (if any) then.

1 hour ago, batters said:

Season runs till October 31st, but more then 12 weeks mate ;)

3 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Season runs till October 31st, but more then 12 weeks mate ;)

Indeed :-) But I was looking at the 'Coventry' fixtures;

SEPTEMBER    

Sun 02 Plymouth National League HOME
-

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

Promotion are running the team and Save Cov Speedway group are campaigning. I don't think there is any chance of Speedway or Stox being at Brandon next season at this stage so it'll either be Leicester or no where. There are still 8 'home' meetings left plus the 4s so when it gets into the latter stages of the season we may hear what the plan is (if any) then.

Well, I understood Leicester to be one year only, that's why I wondered what the promotion is doing.. I know the Save Cov Speedway group are doing a fab job, but even if Brandon miraculously came back for next year, they dont have promoting rights or the team name!

2 hours ago, batters said:

Well, I understood Leicester to be one year only, that's why I wondered what the promotion is doing.. I know the Save Cov Speedway group are doing a fab job, but even if Brandon miraculously came back for next year, they dont have promoting rights or the team name!

Fab job ? They will ultimately be the main reason why most people will never see Coventry bees ride again . Those who think there is the slightest chance of a return to Brandon are completely deluded ...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Fab job ? They will ultimately be the main reason why most people will never see Coventry bees ride again . Those who think there is the slightest chance of a return to Brandon are completely deluded ...

I do disagree with that. The government appointed planning inspector recommended that Brandon is given greater protection which would make planning for houses extremely difficult unless there is another facility within the borough or nearby. The group made that happen. Don't get me wrong it's a long shot to save Brandon but this does give us a greater chance to do that or even a new stadium. We shall see what Brandon Estates do when planning is refused.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, batters said:

Don't think any decision is made on next year but I'd guess they'd want the crowds to improve a little to do the same next year. If Brandon was saved then the club would come back, why wouldn't it? Either Horton would run it and not lose money or sell it to whoever is interested in running both sports in the stadium. Horton is willing to sell.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:54 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Maybe I'm mssing something here.

The Save Coventry Stadium team have told the fans to make their own decision on wether to attend Leicester or otherwise, It's focus is on saving the stadium which is used by both Speedway and StockCars,

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

Maybe I'm mssing something here.

The Save Coventry Stadium team have told the fans to make their own decision on wether to attend Leicester or otherwise, It's focus is on saving the stadium which is used by both Speedway and StockCars,

It's used by nobody and hasn't been for nearly 2 years ... Like I say zero chance of a return 

Of course there is a chance of a return to Brandon.

it wont be easy but there is a great will and mood to make it happen with the campaign group.

They have countered many of Brandon Estates arguments and  have the backing of many MPs, 1800 people objected to the notion of building on Brandon.

The hard work the group have done will I am sure be reflected in Brandon not being included in the Local plan for the foreseeable future.

The initial planning application will be rejected without doubt.

Brandon Estates may well just sit on the site for decades and then nobody wins ,but at the moment we have hope.

up the Bees.

• Like 2