British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

3 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Well they don't know everything do they?. The team are paid at every home meeting in cash as has happened since Ken was in charge at Buxton. They were paid at our last home meeting against Belle Vue and will be paid again on Sunday when we ride our next home meeting against B'ham. 

yes I know, Ive been told it so many times in the last couple of weeks by the "in the know" fans lol

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

I'm surprised that anyone expected anything different.  The Coventry fans want nothing more to do with Horton ,that was made very clear at the beginning of the season. We can only hope this latest disappearance is a permanent one.

I wish you would dissapear . you claim to be a Coventry fan  but all you do is come on here trying to cause bad feeling towards them . if you don't want anything to do with Horton and his efforts to run Coventry then just stay off the Coventry thread , it's not a vehicle for your bile 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately this is what happens when you don't own your own stadium. The 4s wasn't a Bees promotion meeting was it? Electrical work was the reason for the Buxton call off but no idea about this Sunday? Maybe the Monday tv fixture had something to do with it?

12 hours ago, adonis said:

you claim to be a Coventry fan  but all you do is come on here trying to cause bad feeling towards them . if you don't want anything to do with Horton and his efforts to run Coventry then just stay off the Coventry thread , it's not a vehicle for your bile 

It ain't Cov though is it... you may as well call them the Timbuktu Tigers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

It ain't Cov though is it... you may as well call them the Timbuktu Tigers

it's the only thing that's anything like Cov at the moment .  those who are not interested  have voted with their feet , simple if you don' want to watch what is on offer don't , that doesn't mean you should go on a crusade to try and prevent anybody else watching them . and it doesn't mean you should tirelessly try to undermine  Hortons efforts to keep the name alive and a team running , take a look back through this thread and read some of his posts , you wont find anything to do with Coventry Bees ,

Edited by adonis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, adonis said:

it's the only thing that's anything like Cov at the moment .  those who are not interested  have voted with their feet , simple if you don' want to watch what is on offer don't , that doesn't mean you should go on a crusade to try and prevent anybody else watching them . 

I think some people just find what Horton is doing is in bad taste. I don't live in the Cov area so don't know what he's doing to get a return to Cov. Compare with CH and over the years they have been pretty active in trying to secure a return to the Dudley area for their team, has Horton?

Just now, iainb said:

I think some people just find what Horton is doing is in bad taste. I don't live in the Cov area so don't know what he's doing to get a return to Cov. Compare with CH and over the years they have been pretty active in trying to secure a return to the Dudley area for their team, has Horton?

I get that , those are in the main the people who are not attending , but as far as I'm aware ,there's only one who  actively tries to thwart Hortons efforts running speedway anywhere , as we have already seen from past experience ,Horton plays his cards pretty close to his chest as regards what goes on in the background , he's not on local radio  every week giving people false hope either ,  personally I don't see speedway ever returning  to Brandon  or the Coventry area , so as long as there are enough people watching at leicester to keep the team running and a few youngsters get a chance to race and get paid  whats the problem 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Unfortunately this is what happens when you don't own your own stadium. The 4s wasn't a Bees promotion meeting was it? Electrical work was the reason for the Buxton call off but no idea about this Sunday? Maybe the Monday tv fixture had something to do with it?

Your correct, a relative works for the bt sport set up crew and he said they are working at Leicester over the weekend to get set up for Mondays live meeting. 

11 minutes ago, adonis said:

I get that , those are in the main the people who are not attending , but as far as I'm aware ,there's only one who  actively tries to thwart Hortons efforts running speedway anywhere , as we have already seen from past experience ,Horton plays his cards pretty close to his chest as regards what goes on in the background , he's not on local radio  every week giving people false hope either ,  personally I don't see speedway ever returning  to Brandon  or the Coventry area , so as long as there are enough people watching at leicester to keep the team running and a few youngsters get a chance to race and get paid  whats the problem 

The problem is that it's called Coventry... which is an insult to many. Why not call it Beaumont Bees?

28 minutes ago, adonis said:

it's the only thing that's anything like Cov at the moment .  those who are not interested  have voted with their feet , simple if you don' want to watch what is on offer don't , that doesn't mean you should go on a crusade to try and prevent anybody else watching them . and it doesn't mean you should tirelessly try to undermine  Hortons efforts to keep the name alive and a team running , take a look back through this thread and read some of his posts , you wont find anything to do with Coventry Bees ,

I'm not trying to prevent anyone going to Leicester if that's what they enjoy, I'm just commenting on things as I see them.

IMO Mick Horton is a blight on the history of the club, his time at Brandon was the worst few years I've experienced supporting the Bees. He exploited his fan base, and told us so many lies which was totally alien to the way the club had been run for so many years. ( you can no doubt see that for me it isn't just about putting 7 guys on track and expecting  folk just to turn up, it's about how the club is run too.)

I don't see that anything that happens at Leicester has any connection with the bees whatsoever, it's just a guy using the name in an attempt to create some credibility. Unfortunately most of that was lost between 2012 and 2016, hence the fact that I don't comment on the team.

Horton has loads of "previous" when it comes to wrecking clubs and as far as I'm concerned anyone who trusts him is indeed a very brave person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

I'm not trying to prevent anyone going to Leicester if that's what they enjoy, I'm just commenting on things as I see them.

IMO Mick Horton is a blight on the history of the club, his time at Brandon was the worst few years I've experienced supporting the Bees. He exploited his fan base, and told us so many lies which was totally alien to the way the club had been run for so many years. ( you can no doubt see that for me it isn't just about putting 7 guys on track and expecting  folk just to turn up, it's about how the club is run too.)

I don't see that anything that happens at Leicester has any connection with the bees whatsoever, it's just a guy using the name in an attempt to create some credibility. Unfortunately most of that was lost between 2012 and 2016, hence the fact that I don't comment on the team.

Horton has loads of "previous" when it comes to wrecking clubs and as far as I'm concerned anyone who trusts him is indeed a very brave person.

Ok   I'm most likely going to regret this and wind up getting banned  but  lets hear it , actual facts ( provable because I don't do  listening to what  you or anybody believes is a fact  )lets have all this "previous  "  layed out for all to see .   On you go !!! 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

The problem is that it's called Coventry... which is an insult to many. Why not call it Beaumont Bees?

right so  teams that no longer have a home where they originated  must use another name  , lets ask WOZ 01  who is as regular at BP  as his work will allow whtehr he thinks he's watching Coventry Bees  or  beaumont bees 

13 minutes ago, adonis said:

right so  teams that no longer have a home where they originated  must use another name  , lets ask WOZ 01  who is as regular at BP  as his work will allow whtehr he thinks he's watching Coventry Bees  or  beaumont bees 

Of course its Coventry Bees. It's not where we want to be (League and track) and its far from ideal but for me I'll follow the team through thick and thin. If other don't want to call the club Coventry Bees anymore that's upto them but I cannot agree with that.

The track day on Saturday has also called off to allow sky set up for Monday's meeting. 

Bees v Buxton the following Sunday also call off as the World Cup Final is at 4pm the same day.

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Of course its Coventry Bees. It's not where we want to be (League and track) and its far from ideal but for me I'll follow the team through thick and thin. If other don't want to call the club Coventry Bees anymore that's upto them but I cannot agree with that.

The track day on Saturday has also called off to allow sky set up for Monday's meeting. 

Bees v Buxton the following Sunday also call off as the World Cup Final is at 4pm the same day.

Conspiracy theory over!!! :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, adonis said:

Don't think I said "must"

32 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

I'd be interested to know why you think it's Coventry Bees (other than in name only) and how you're identifying with them