British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

12 minutes ago, naffer said:

Gained the support of local MPs and the local councils.

Obtained backing from Sport England.

Represented the campaign at the House of Commons.

1800 signature petition to support the retention of speedway and stock car at Brandon.

Arranged pledges to repair Brandon .

highlighted the campaign at Cov Motofest.

In  continual dialogue with Rugby Bc planning to disprove BE arguments 

strengthened the case to exclude Brandon from the local building plan.

Dont Forget  changed their name from Save Coventry Stadium  to save Coventry speedway  after they appointed themselves defenders of the realm 

51 minutes ago, adonis said:

Dont Forget  changed their name from Save Coventry Stadium  to save Coventry speedway  after they appointed themselves defenders of the realm 

The sooner it's realised that all this save campaign is doing more harm than good the better,  I'm aware of all the spirit put into this scs group but they are all on a pointless mission - Coventry bees will never race at brandon stadium again , or at least in the way the campaign group would want it to .  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adonis said:

17 minutes ago, Smoggy45 said:

The sooner it's realised that all this save campaign is doing more harm than good the better,  I'm aware of all the spirit put into this scs group but they are all on a pointless mission - Coventry bees will never race at brandon stadium again , or at least in the way the campaign group would want it to .  

As i suggested yesterday, a couple of " plants"  just here to cause as much trouble as possible, each with their own agendas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

As i suggested yesterday, a couple of " plants"  just here to cause as much trouble as possible, each with their own agendas.

Says the bees supporter that doesn't support the team just because the running behind it doesn't sit right with him . Like I've said a few times , you're a fantastic supporter. You make me laugh . 

28 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Plants?   I'd have found a different word for them.

(Unless you mean cactus plants, judging by these pricks)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Plants?   I'd have found a different word for them.

(Unless you mean cactus plants, judging by these pricks)

I didn't want to be too rude as  they are beginning to play their cards now and I would hate to sit out a ban just when the topic is warming up:D

1 hour ago, Smoggy45 said:

Define  the more harm than good argument.

1 hour ago, Smoggy45 said:

Well.... :-D Can someone enlighten us all to exactly what the current 'promotion' are doing to secure a return to the Coventry area? Surely that's the whole point of 'keeping the name alive' ??

I bet Brandon Estates have a big smile on there faces at the moment, with the demise of R.House no doubt saying Speedway is not profitable and now there is only 7 teams in the Top league 

31 minutes ago, Argos said:

I bet Brandon Estates have a big smile on there faces at the moment, with the demise of R.House no doubt saying Speedway is not profitable and now there is only 7 teams in the Top league 

That's always been assumed, Speedway on it's own at Brandon, that's why the group are trying to save the stadium, to allow speedway AND stocks to run and hence make the venture viable.....

Edited by batters

3 hours ago, adonis said:

Simply untrue.

Very happy to meet you in person and explain it, but of course that would mean you revealing your identity.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Smoggy45 said:

So can any of you tell me when the next bees meeting at brandon is and I'll be there . 

It seems that some of your post has been missed out.

I'm sure that it should read.. "Thanks for showing how wrong I was, so can any of you etc....."

• Like 1

The last couple of pages show what a load of clowns suggest they are Coventry supporters.  The real fans go to Leicester or show with some dignity why they have other views. This forum helps nobody .

• Like 2