British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

No so sure Mick has funds for that.

If the Bees would have been able to stay at Brandon in the top division would he have had the funds for that.  He was going to sign a three year lease on the stadium, wasn't he?

8 hours ago, Isotonic said:

If the Bees would have been able to stay at Brandon in the top division would he have had the funds for that.  He was going to sign a three year lease on the stadium, wasn't he?

That deal was dependant on Stox and also Stadium owners sponsorship. No Stox meant no lease. I'm sure enough funds wouldve been available to run a team but Brandon needs Stox to be viable. 

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Can't see it myself.

Stranger things have happened... I think he'll be looking to off load the Bees now he's stripped all the assets, he keeps going back to Peterborough, his former Coventry co-promoter is already there, panthers are for sale

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Stranger things have happened... I think he'll be looking to off load the Bees now he's stripped all the assets, he keeps going back to Peterborough, his former Coventry co-promoter is already there, panthers are for sale

I can see exactly where you are coming from Ian and it did go through my mind too with his past connections to the club! I do fear for Peterborough this time round - the sport is getting harder and harder to run a team viably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TesarRacing said:

I can see exactly where you are coming from Ian and it did go through my mind too with his past connections to the club! I do fear for Peterborough this time round - the sport is getting harder and harder to run a team viably.

Is Mick better than nothing? It's clear he's finished with Covcester

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Is Mick better than nothing? It's clear he's finished with Covcester

He's open to offers for COVENTRY or even just some help but he believes Coventry need to keep on racing. He's come out and asked for sponsorship for next year, although I think it's unlikely we will run it doesn't sound like he's finished with the club unless someone else wants to take it on. I really don't see how he'll have the funds to buy Peterborough outright. 

If he did however could he run a NL side at Peterborough as well as the Panthers? He'll have a spare club laying around.

Edited by Woz01

2 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

But funnily enough Coventry and Peterborough have made money during some recent seasons!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Woz01 said:

He's open to offers for COVENTRY or even just some help but he believes Coventry need to keep on racing. He's come out and asked for sponsorship for next year, although I think it's unlikely we will run it doesn't sound like he's finished with the club unless someone else wants to take it on. I really don't see how he'll have the funds to buy Peterborough outright. 

If he did however could he run a NL side at Peterborough as well as the Panthers? He'll have a spare club laying around.

Are City Gearboxes not involved anymore at NL level at Coventry?

1 hour ago, TesarRacing said:

Are City Gearboxes not involved anymore at NL level at Coventry?

No, there is virtually no sponsorship for Coventry.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

No, there is virtually no sponsorship for Coventry.

Ah ok. Cheers Woz.

Just Mick's printing company then I guess?

Edited by TesarRacing

Coventry has been a dead duck from the start really. Poor crowds and infrequent meetings have set the tone for the whole season. Some strange cancellations have not helped the club at all.

3 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

Ah ok. Cheers Woz.

Just Mick's printing company then I guess?

Correct.

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Coventry has been a dead duck from the start really. Poor crowds and infrequent meetings have set the tone for the whole season. Some strange cancellations have not helped the club at all.

No it hasn't. A few times we've had break even crowds but some others have been awful. At one point I think we didn't have a 'home' meeting for 11 weeks. We will have to see what everyone's plans are for next year, like if Leicester will run an NL side. Maybe they can run Coventry there? 

Simple facts are people won't support Horton and that's how they see it. Should someone else take it on I'm pretty certain we'd get more than enough to attend. A lot can happen during the winter

2 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Simple facts are people won't support Horton and that's how they see it. Should someone else take it on I'm pretty certain we'd get more than enough to attend. A lot can happen during the winter

As MH has said if someone’s wants to buy it it’s there for sale and if someone decides to buy it where and what league will they run in ? so until they have somewhere to run no one will want it and pretty sure if they reach the NL final which would be a great feat for a team knocked together from the riders that  were left without a team this year the glory hunters will appear out the woodwork :-))

Edited by mac101