British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

18 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Mr Horton will cash in on his rider assets (and he has plenty of these)

I expect the "plenty" as you put it, don't ride here anymore and therefore are worthless, and those actually still riding here are next to worthless.

Still I am sure Horton will attempt to sell whatever he has left, even if its for a tenner.

As others have alluded, there is no way I will be giving him any of my money. This "sponsorship" money is just Brandon Estates way of using Horton as their "bitch" - and that's being polite - to the eventual demise of Coventry Speedway.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The confirmation has been given and Coventry’s place in the NDL confirmed by the confirmatory press release. What further confirmation were you expecting?

Whose press release?

Nothing on the BSPA web site confirming Coventry's acceptance into the league. And at the end of the day, it's their league.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/nlnews

From BSPA site

Following on from a meeting with the members of the Speedway Control Bureau and Mr Mick Horton, it is with great delight that Coventry Speedway have been given the go ahead to run the Coventry Bees in the National Development League at a temporary home at Leicester for the 2018 season.

The members of the SCB wish the Coventry Promotion all the best in their endeavor's to bring the Bees back to Brandon in the near future. 

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33748

Edited by sussex bulldog
to add link

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

It’s been officially confirmed for days...

Oh well...as well I asked then. Too bad that it's not being broadcast from the rooftops so that those who don't know where to look can hear the good news too. But then that may risk attracting new fans, and you can't do that in the world of speedway can you?

53 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Oh well...as well I asked then. Too bad that it's not being broadcast from the rooftops so that those who don't know where to look can hear the good news too. But then that may risk attracting new fans, and you can't do that in the world of speedway can you?

It was posted on Coventry Bees and Speedway GB website and posted on social media. Don't think it'll make the 10 o clock news though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not a Coventry fan....but I AM a Speedway fan and in that respect I want to see Speedway promoted at as many venues as possible.

I do not actually care WHO the promoter is, just that Speedway takes place.  For that reason I welcome the news that Mick Horton has been

granted a licence to run a Coventry Bees team in the National League using Leicester as a base.  7 more riders in work is just one of the many

good side effects.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Woz01 said:

It was posted on Coventry Bees and Speedway GB website and posted on social media. Don't think it'll make the 10 o clock news though.

Was it? I'm on Twitter and Facebook, and I didn't see anything about it, and I follow the SGB Twitter account. I get to see what happens in Glasgow but wasn't aware of what was happening just up the road from me. So what does that say about how effective the publicity machine is working? And If I didn't see it, what chance the news permiating to a potential new audience who hardly know what speedway is let alone knowing to look at the Coventry web site?

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Was it? I'm on Twitter and Facebook, and I didn't see anything about it, and I follow the SGB Twitter account. I get to see what happens in Glasgow but wasn't aware of what was happening just up the road from me. So what does that say about how effective the publicity machine is working? And If I didn't see it, what chance the news permiating to a potential new audience who hardly know what speedway is let alone knowing to look at the Coventry web site?

Then i don't know how you missed it to be honest. Its was talked about on various speedway Facebook groups and it got 18 retweets on Twitter which by having a quick look was more than the Chris Holder signing for Poole tweet. It was reported in the local media too. It was also on this thread and you initially somehow managed to miss it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I'd have a word with your service providers - let some of your bitterness head their way for a change !

19 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

It's about morals for me, it doesn't sit right with many people and it's a personal choice to make. Would I put another penny into the mans pocket ? no.  The same problem with Coventry City and SISU and people don't go because of the owners.  What is the charge for a NL meeting?? £10-12  maybe or go to watch speedway at the same track and not have to look at somebody who is destroying the club bit by bit. Leicester have a good team and it's not like last year when they were fighting the wooden spoon I think the majority will go and see a very "Bees" looking line up with Hans, Danny and Sarj.

If the sponsorship is still on the table who knows but running at the level he is planning then the Coventry Storm team that will be lining up is not the same as Coventry Bees is not really worth the "sponsorship" in a brown envelope  that he may or may not be getting.

Time will tell on this and like somebody said on twitter its a personal choice to make and it doesn't make us better or worse for what we decide. I just know I don't want to see the man again, he was partly responsible for the mess we are in. He played games with Sandhu and he has done nothing to help just cause unnecessary problems. Nobody really wants him in charge, he isn't stupid and you only have to read here or facebook  for the responses people give. If its not for greed then please if anybody has a valid reason for him doing so then please feel free to say so.  

So as they say on Dragons Den.. ....That's me out!

are you saying Sandhu  has any blame for the bees exit from Brandon  ? dangerous ground that  !!   put your crash helmet on 

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Perhaps Coventry should have paid for adverts in the Press, on social media, on buses, billboards, TV, radio; well perhaps not.

Those who followed Coventry in the Elite League will have to get used to where you are in the pecking order when it comes to riding in the NL.

You are in the bottom division now and that's how you will be regarded by much of the media.

It makes it worse that you are riding in Leicester -- doubt the Leicester area media will be much bothered and you will have to fight for every scrap of publicity in Coventry.

You will be in the back of the book in the Speedway Star; your big news will be small news when set against the likes of Poole.

Good luck Coventry, you are going to need it.