British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

7 minutes ago, adonis said:

Might be better for the council to go for compulsory purchase ,spend the money now while there will be something to show for it , BE I imagine would be the same as Barratts just keep appealing which the council has to defend until the council cannot justify spending anymore public money , 

That option has been talked about by fans but a council has to justify it that they can make it profitable (viable). The site is vast so a few business could open up there and make it better for the community (as an example). 

Edited by Woz01

Housebuilders are willing to 'bank' land for many years in the hope (expectation) that one day planning permission will arrive. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is now or in 10/15 years time - my experience is that they are prepared to sit it out.

• Like 1

Can Brandon Estates go on record and confirm no money has been sent to Mick Horton to help fund Coventry Bees’ National League speedway venture at Leicester this season?

Responding to our question, Brandon Estates said: “Brandon Estates will not be commenting on any historic speculation regarding the site.

“Our focus now is on moving forward with the future of the site and the proposed development, on which the public can continue to provide feedback.”

No suprises here then.

not lining slippery micks pockets ,of course not .

and the moons a balloon then.

• Like 3

If BE has answered no it would put a end to any conspiracy and all the groups would be against them but they just want to have all the groups to continue at each other’s throats while they sit in the background quietly waiting for planning permission  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Argos said:

Is the application on the Councils Website 

I've found what appears to be the application in question but there is very few details shown???

Rugby Borough Council website

20 hours ago, mac101 said:

If BE has answered no it would put a end to any conspiracy and all the groups would be against them but they just want to have all the groups to continue at each other’s throats while they sit in the background quietly waiting for planning permission  

Exactly this. They've done this from the beginning. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, False dawn said:

I've found what appears to be the application in question but there is very few details shown???

Rugby Borough Council website

Click on Plans and Documents at the bottom and then on the next page tick the box and click Proceed

36 minutes ago, MattK said:

Click on Plans and Documents at the bottom and then on the next page tick the box and click Proceed

Cheers Matt. Can't be sure, but I don't think those details had been loaded when I found the entry. In fact the description on the first page summarising the proposal was blank.

Either way, it's all there for people to see now.

Well that made very interesting reading on the Rugby Borough Council Website re the application for Planning at Brandon, Previously I  thought that Mr Horton had taken a “Bung” Now I’m 100% sure he has, In the application the owners have made great play in the Speedway Team have moved to a more suitable venue just down the road at Leicester, Disgraceful act 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Argos said:

....the Speedway Team have moved to a more suitable venue just down the road at Leicester...

Well I for one will be quoting this scandalous piece of propaganda in my objection to this planning application.    

• Haha 1

Did you expect BE to say that they hope to run Speedway at Brandon again, and when the fans don’t turn up at Leicester they will also use that as well when they go to the next planning meeting builders will use every trick in the book to get planning through that’s why they say these things to keep people away from Leicester then use it to say there can’t be any interest in the bees if they don’t want to watch them  so why do they need a stadium 

Edited by mac101

Not sold on the last 3 signings unfortunately. Should still finish mid table but a lot of pressure on Armo/phillips at 5 not an out and out reserve but I suspect Harris & ruddick to be switching between 2&4 

Edited by TurnTwo

header_pr.jpg

ruddick_luke.jpgCOVENTRY’S line-up for their return to the sport in the National League this season is now complete.
The Bees can confirm the signings of Luke Ruddick, Jamie Halder and Ryan MacDonald to finalise the septet which will take to the track at their temporary Beaumont Park home in Leicester.
19-year-old Ruddick has been associated with Mildenhall in previous seasons, spending the last two years racing alongside new Bees captain Jon Armstrong at West Row.
Despite a mid-season injury absence, he proved to be one of the league’s most improved riders as he raised his starting average of 3.10 to a final figure of 5.31.
halder_jamie.jpgHalder (18) is already a familiar face with Coventry supporters as he rode for the Storm in 2015-16, initially in what was effectively a job-share with Callum Walker and then as a full team member two years ago.
Last season he did not appear in the league in the early part of the campaign, before various guest bookings and a July/August stint with Buxton saw him achieve a 3.49 figure.
MacDonald, 23, is looking to take his chance with the Bees after a spell with Stoke in 2016 and, briefly, a team place with Lakeside last season before the Hammers changed their plans on the eve of the official campaign.
macdonald_ryan.jpgThe former Northern Junior League Riders’ Champion starts on an assessed 3.00 average and will join Halder in the reserve berths.
Armstrong said: “I’ve ridden with Luke for the last couple of years, and he’s been quite unfortunate with injuries. But if he gets out in front he’s so fast, he’s unbelievable.

“Last year he looked a lot comfier on the bike and it was all coming together for him before he had another bang, but he was such an improved rider and how he didn’t get snapped up I don’t know. I said straightway that out of the riders around that average, he was the one to go for.
“I know Jamie had a tough time last year but when the pressure got taken off him he was able to add a bit to his average, and he should be able to step up at reserve this season.
“When I rode with Ryan at Stoke to be fair I don’t think he was really ready then, and that was down to a lack of confidence more than anything.
“He’s matured now, had a lot more time on the bike, and I think he’s gone a bit un-noticed, only normally coming down as far as Redcar. You can’t fault his machinery or commitment, and he’s prepared to travel anywhere in the country for a job.

“In all honesty I think we’ve got quite a potent little side, and as captain I’ll pass on as much advice as I can.”
Bees start their season with a Challenge match against Birmingham at Beaumont Park on Sunday March 25 (4pm) with the full National League fixture list expected to be released shortly.

ENDS 

footer_pr.jpg
  • Like 1