British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Sadly thats a sight i have seen repeatedly at Stoke, Kings Lynn & Mildenhall over the years

stoke is a venue I try to avoid, but I have seen it plenty of times at mildenhall & lynn.

stoke is a venue I try to avoid, but I have seen it plenty of times at mildenhall & lynn.

Try to avoid.....

No chance in hell of me going to Stoke until the comedians running Stoke sell up and let someone else take the Speedway on

I remember seeing belle vue there that season. Watching the home and away riders helping the track staff pick stock Car debris off the circuit before racing could start has always stayed with me!

Maybe I should have said well prepared when we got the chance. I do recall Jan O and many others putting hours of hard work in up there as you have described.

Would there be fans of speedway that don't support Coventry be tempted to come to Leicester on a Sunday afternoon?

Would there be fans of speedway that don't support Coventry be tempted to come to Leicester on a Sunday afternoon?

I would if I lived in the Midlands. Being an ex Wimbledon fan, I attend every meeting as a neutral.
  • Like 1

This topic just proves there is no support for Coventry running at Leicester under Horton

Edited by kingbee
  • Like 1

How does this topic prove anything. 90 percent of speedway fans I know, either don't know about this forum or have no interest in using it. All this topic shows is there is 20 or so Bees fans proving they are not fans.

• Like 3

How does this topic prove anything. 90 percent of speedway fans I know, either don't know about this forum or have no interest in using it. All this topic shows is there is 20 or so Bees fans proving they are not fans.

Rubbish so I'm not a fan 58 years following the Bees and now some one tells me I am not a fan so what constitutes being a fan in your opinion?

Has the Coventry promotion done any market research to establish how many people will watch their team at Leicester?

Some initial work would help them see if there is a 'base' crowd which would sustain NL racing.

Of course, you cannot guarantee people will go but I'm sure a bit of work on social media, plus using their friends at the Coventry Observer, would be a worthwhile exercise.

Has the Coventry promotion done any market research to establish how many people will watch their team at Leicester?

Some initial work would help them see if there is a 'base' crowd which would sustain NL racing.

Of course, you cannot guarantee people will go but I'm sure a bit of work on social media, plus using their friends at the Coventry Observer, would be a worthwhile exercise.

The observer done a poll to see who would go to Leicester and who would not on the Scs Facebook page I think it was 80% said they would not go

The observer done a poll to see who would go to Leicester and who would not on the Scs Facebook page I think it was 80% said they would not go

Thanks. 80% saying they wouldn't go is a very worrying figure.

However, it might be worth Coventry trying to get some feedback from non-forum folk and those not on social media

However, it might be worth Coventry trying to get some feedback from non-forum folk and those not on social media

How do you propose they do that? Travel all over the Midlands asking people?

How do you propose they do that? Travel all over the Midlands asking people?

They could put flyers on car windscreens in and around the Midlands area, (under the windscreeen wipers so they dont blow away) with the Question "Would you go to Leicester to support Coventry's Speedway Team in the NL?" on them....

Have three boxes for the answer to the question....

First box is "Yes", Second box is "No" and the Third box is "Speedway?, is that still going? I used to go to Speedway, Bob Valentine was my favourite rider, I remember one night he... etc etc etc"

They could also stick flyers to lamp posts like people do when they have lost a cat...

Always try and avoid using any Social Media vote as a true representation though, unless of course it delivers the result you want to hear....

😉😀

Edited by mikebv

you suggested to do a poll on social media now after I told you the result you have moved the goal posts
  • Like 1

I can appreciate the misgivings that many Coventry supporters will have about this proposal, but I really hope that a good number do eventually decide to support it. Boycotting your own team cannot possibly do any good. As a lifelong Birmingham supporter, I can remember the Bordesley Green era. The facilities there were appalling and many supporters genuinely believed that if they stayed away they would somehow force an improvement, but all that they achieved was to hasten the end.

I agree that using Leicester will do little or nothing to help the club get back into Brandon or find another venue in the Coventry area, but at least it will keep the club's name alive, and this is vital if something concrete is to eventually be realised. If Mick Horton gets no support he will give it neck and won't have much joy in finding a taker if he tries to sell it on.

I'd say to Coventry supporters - keep up the pressure and let the promotion know how you feel - but don't withdraw your support.

• Like 2