British Speedway Forum
mac101

Coventry Bees Nl ?

Hard to judge how they will line up. With LR likely to be team manager you'll probably see some of the riders he's used before 

1.Shuttleworth 2.Dwyer 3.Armstrong 4.Ruddick 5.Greenwood 6.Halder 7.Cupitt fits. I'd be surprised to not see Halder and Greenwood link up with him tbh 

4 hours ago, adz_mft said:

Hard to judge how they will line up. With LR likely to be team manager you'll probably see some of the riders he's used before 

1.Shuttleworth 2.Dwyer 3.Armstrong 4.Ruddick 5.Greenwood 6.Halder 7.Cupitt fits. I'd be surprised to not see Halder and Greenwood link up with him tbh 

Is that team supposed to get the Coventry fans there I don't think so

2 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I’ll be surprised if Halder isn’t at a ‘better’ team. 

I'll be surprised if many bees fans are that bothered.:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, adz_mft said:

I'm sure they would like to have as many riders as possible with Coventry links.

Id be surprised if Cupitt is not wearing a B next season whilst Halder could well be at Belle Vue with Armo. Dan Greenwood is very likely to feature but the rest will be lucky to get places anywhere sadly. Can't see Shuttleworth as a number 1, Ruddick on 5.31 is expensive and sadly Dwyer has stagnated over the past few seasons and shown no further improvement.

34 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Id be surprised if Cupitt is not wearing a B next season whilst Halder could well be at Belle Vue with Armo. Dan Greenwood is very likely to feature but the rest will be lucky to get places anywhere sadly. Can't see Shuttleworth as a number 1, Ruddick on 5.31 is expensive and sadly Dwyer has stagnated over the past few seasons and shown no further improvement.

Fwiw I think Ruddick will improve again. Added 2 points on his average last year after spending the whole season in the main body. I know he's getting plenty of laps in up in Berwick atm. Having seen about Davey not being at Stoke, perhaps he's heading to Coventry. Him at 1 with Shuttleworth at 5?

6 hours ago, adonis said:

Why wouldn't he go ahead ?, as has already been stated by a couple of posters from the other side of the rift , he stands to make a fortune , walk away with a golden handshake , and  it's all about the financial benefit . Personally I can't see how he will make this money , but of course what would I,  using only common sense and simple mathematics know .

I didn't actually say he wouldn't go ahead but I didn't realise when I wrote the post that there needed to be two promoters  so if he has someone else involved, which looks like possibly being Lawrence Rogers now he's left Plymouth and who was  with Coventry before, then he probably will.  As long as those arcane thingies are sorted out of course. :lol:  I don't understand the money side of it either but if you believe the conspiracy stories it sounds like even if less than a hundred people turn up and the whole season is a failure it won't really matter.

Edited by Gemini

On 13/12/2017 at 12:51 PM, teaboy279 said:

If Coventry fans believe this, then all the more reason to prevent it happening by supporting the venture, proving there is support to warrant a new stadium.

And then they'll say if its going well at Leicester why change things?

Best bet is to let it fail but support a single meeting in huge numbers to show the support is there but they won't be fobbed off riding Nl at a rivals track.

1 hour ago, SCB said:

Best bet is to let it fail but support a single meeting in huge numbers to show the support is there but they won't be fobbed off riding Nl at a rivals track.

I said this on the other Coventry thread. Many fans are against the move but if fans and the group picked one or two meetings and come together to show we want a move back it can help the campaign. Turn this into a positive.

Roynon won't be riding for Coventry, he signed for Plymouth again.

20 hours ago, SCB said:

how about we all turn up BUT do not enter the stadium? no way am i giving him any money. Even if 2000 turn up week on week he will say that it doesnt pay and walk off

• Like 1