British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Scb And The Bspa

Just a press release? Why no press conference, so that any questions that Speedway Star, Sportowefakty or any other journalist may have could have been answered?

• Like 1

does anybody know who does the speedway gb twitter page ? is it Ryan Guest ?

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Polish soeedway has their league structure and rules sorted ,teams are sorted and there is a buzz about who has signed for who , teams have released their new team race suits and new merchandice for fans and pretty much everything is in place for next season , in Britain we have no idea how many leagues or teams or rules ,anything and they are still sqaubling between themselves about who said what to who from this season .,ask people , they really have all but give up on british speedway

there's always a mid-season break, why not have the AGM then instead of waiting?

few months of the season gone, can see what works and what doesn't, and try to force commitment for the following year so everyone can move forward straight away

• Like 4

Polish soeedway has their league structure and rules sorted ,teams are sorted and there is a buzz about who has signed for who , teams have released their new team race suits and new merchandice for fans and pretty much everything is in place for next season , in Britain we have no idea how many leagues or teams or rules ,anything and they are still sqaubling between themselves about who said what to who from this season .,ask people , they really have all but give up on british speedway

there's always a mid-season break, why not have the AGM then instead of waiting?

few months of the season gone, can see what works and what doesn't, and try to force commitment for the following year so everyone can move forward straight away

... and then there was me who thought the reason that many riders signed at the last minute was down to the ne ridicolous demands by Ekstraliga and PZM. And the fact that Ceggy and his Methanol club had practically every rider in uniform against them.

All this one week before the highly publicised deadline.

... and then there was me who thought the reason that many riders signed at the last minute was down to the ne ridicolous demands by Ekstraliga and PZM. And the fact that Ceggy and his Methanol club had practically every rider in uniform against them.

All this one week before the highly publicised deadline.

and it was sorted , if this was Britain a meeting would of been scheduled for February

Isn't that what any business would do, I wonder if any promoter would run their own business in the way speedway is run.

Comes down to better organisation Dave

And a 14 fixture a season league, way too short for me.

When you look at the make up of these two bodies there seems very little difference between the two. A Rose by any other name you may say , although perhaps a more suitable word than Rose would apply in this case.

The BSPA in its present form arose as the promoters did not like the decisions coming from SCB which was then known as Speedway Control Board.

Thought it was all because one promoter didn't have the plumbs to say no.

Apparently he did say no. The question is why it didn't stop at no. We know some of the answer but I suspect nowhere near enough.

• Like 1

What is needed above all is clarity, we should know exactly what will happen when rules are broken. From what I've read about this particular case, is that both parties weren't clear as to how to proceed, either that or they aren't revealing all the facts. Brown envelopes seem to have added yet another nail to British Speedway's coffin, there is great need for transparency.

There was no need for brown envelopes it was never a secret all was known from day 1. Indeed Chapman said he knew

• Like 1

There was no need for brown envelopes it was never a secret all was known from day 1. Indeed Chapman Godfrey said he knew

I've amended it for you

• Like 1

Apparently he did say no. The question is why it didn't stop at no. We know some of the answer but I suspect nowhere near enough.

He said no...then gave him permission?? Sounds like a ford stich up??

The statement has disappeared from the bspa website

Very strange situation.

The statement has also disappeared from the links on the SCB site home page but if you click onto the news icon you can still find it (maybe they forgot to take it off completely). Now the item by Peter Oaks in this weeks Speedway Star says that there will be a lengthy report that will be discussed at next months SCB meeting and a decision in December will be announced. So what the hell was the statement all about, it sounded like Ged was off the hook and Rob was the one who may carry the can.

Had someone jumped the gun and spoken to early????

Edited by Sly Fox

Who was on the SCB panel? The names of the panel members should be documented in the statement of the panel.

What difference does the last month or 2 months of the season make to the outcome of the AGM? Nothing. It should be at the end of August.

does anybody know who does the speedway gb twitter page ? is it Ryan Guest ?

They even have Guests doing their Twitter account now do they?!! ;-)

• Like 1

Who was on the SCB panel? The names of the panel members should be documented in the statement of the panel.

What difference does the last month or 2 months of the season make to the outcome of the AGM? Nothing. It should be at the end of August.

They even have Guests doing their Twitter account now do they?!! ;-)

HaHa!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes.

That thought occurred to me too. :t::rofl::rofl:

I've amended it for you

They both knew then