British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Speedway ... A Way Forward

JIM Coyle, the Glasgow announcer, has written an interesting article about the future of British speedway which is published this week in Speedway Xtra ... Speedway's Star free online digital mag which can be accessed via speedwaystar.net. Well worth a read for those able to do so.

• Like 1

I especially like his ideas for the league but as we already know, they aren't going to happen, otherwise there wouldn't be all this about fixed race nights and teams already signing riders (or trying to) on the strength of it. A set-up as described by Jim certainly sounds better than what we are likely to get, maybe the promoters will have a light bulb moment and adopt it?........ Nah!

• Like 1

I especially like his ideas for the league but as we already know, they aren't going to happen, otherwise there wouldn't be all this about fixed race nights and teams already signing riders (or trying to) on the strength of it. A set-up as described by Jim certainly sounds better than what we are likely to get, maybe the promoters will have a light bulb moment and adopt it?........ Nah!

You are probably right ff. :sad::sad::sad:

IF Premier League promoters have decided to truly "splash the cash" to such an extent, in an attempt to rejuvenate UK speedway, then some will go to the wall in 2018.

IF Premier League promoters have decided to truly "splash the cash" to such an extent, in an attempt to rejuvenate UK speedway, then some will go to the wall in 2018.

Sadly you could be right.

Let's hope not though.

Whilst I was never a fan of set race nights, it is worth a go - and will be a big step for British speedway. Hopefully cut out lots of guest appearances etc and bring back some big names, which we have already seen. This will be a major move for British speedway and people should get behind it IMO - even if, like me, you aren't a huge fan and my club will be one of those impacted by having to move their own race night.

• Like 2

Fixed race nights are what all the other countries have had for years and at least two are successful so .........

Fixed race nights are what all the other countries have had for years and at least two are successful so .........

So? That doesn't make it right for UK

it wouldn't be necessary if we went for one British League plus a National Development League

What about Ipswich Sheffield and Redcar are Friday or Saturday nights feasible.

What does that matter as long as the Premier League is OK - that's all that matters.

The new Redcar Promoter has done a great job of resurrecting the Clubs fortunes and then BANG!!! He is hit with having to change his race night.

It hardly seems fair to me. I only hope that the Redcar Supporters will be able to support a different night.

Here's hoping.

• Like 1

Interesting scenario...same night speedway.

When I used to attend Cowley that concept would have been difficult to accommodate due to the unavailability of the stadium on certain days due to other activities taking priority.

Would be interesting if present promotions would be able to meet the criteria suggested?

It's a no for Sheffield

What is the future for those tracks that can't change race nights. It's a big leap into the unknown for some clubs.

Sheffield can race other nights, look at their thread - their fans confirm this.

What does that matter as long as the Premier League is OK - that's all that matters.

The new Redcar Promoter has done a great job of resurrecting the Clubs fortunes and then BANG!!! He is hit with having to change his race night.

It hardly seems fair to me. I only hope that the Redcar Supporters will be able to support a different night.

Here's hoping.

Redcar are lucky that we can race any night of the week we like.

Why on earth would fans NOT be able to support another race night, I am a Redcar fan - and I loved watching on a Thursday night, but it is ridiculous to suggest that fans can't watch their team on another night - it is old codger attitudes that will kill the sport.

And although I am a second tier fan, supporter - the answer is YES the top division has to be a success. We DO need world class riders. Only an idiot would think attracting the likes of Martin Vaculik into the the British league is a bad thing, and we have to go fixed nights to help this, then that is the right thing to do.

• Like 4