British Speedway Forum

bet they were on the lash Friday/Saturday neet tho, and hair of the dog this morning ;)

You could be right for some of them, but they would ALL have been at the meetings, so nighttime is only their business.

• Like 1

Never miss the SYNPER, but John Leslie is a big miss.

What ever happened to Little Thumper - Fubar Bundy - No Longer Active. Seemed to lose it at the end when I think something personal was said.

• Like 1

With Sweden on Tuesday, Denmark using Wednesday and the weekends taken by GP's and Polish League there isn't a lot of choice tbh. I would guess Monday and Thursday, maybe two each night.

If only one night is used then guests of equal ability would probably be in short supply when needed

that would seem the right formula. Would allow supporters to see two Premier League meetings a week if they wish.

Edited by marky

well its hardly radical but a couple of steps in the right direction imo

teams will always feel shafted when points limits are agreed - get over it

DU/DD will be rife this year again but at least we shouldn't have too many clashes

the conference will be remembered more for daft ideas jettisoned than new ones introduced

So can a side use more than one tac sub and will that rider still use black and white helmet?

No and no. Once only and helmet colour of replaced rider

If it's like the old days then yes they can use more than one tac sub whilst 6pts behind, but only use each rider once in tac sub position.

I applaud all the changes, seems common sense to me. My only remaining concern is that we still have the problem of riders representing more than one club in a week, which when trying to explain to non speedway fans sounds farcical.

So can a side use more than one tac sub and will that rider still use black and white helmet?

I dont like the idea it can now be used again in heat 14.

Favours top heavy teams. No1 could be out in all 3 of last 3 heats.

• Like 1

If it's like the old days then yes they can use more than one tac sub whilst 6pts behind, but only use each rider once in tac sub position.

I applaud all the changes, seems common sense to me. My only remaining concern is that we still have the problem of riders representing more than one club in a week, which when trying to explain to non speedway fans sounds farcical.

Thats because the whole thing is a farce, a golden opportunity to make radical change for the future and they are still tinkering around the edges. Think the picture on Facebook was bang on, a bunch of clowns sitting around a table. Chipperfields will be proud at least

• Like 1

100% Correct, phase out the crap, narrow tracks!

So, you actually want to see tracks close because you don't like the racing there? Someone can support a team for years, allow it to become a large part of their lives but lose it all because someone decides the track's not big enough?

I've seen some selfish rubbish on here over the years but this beats all!

If you don't like a track don't go - don't deny others that chance just because your preference is different.

I do get the feeling some people would be happy to see just a half dozen tracks running - as long as theirs was one of course!

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 7

Overall some common sense decisions. My only gripe is Tac Sub in Heat 14 and only one rider over 8 point ave in the Premiership.

• Like 3

Quote from today's press release:

PREMIERSHIP and Championship leagues team points average increased to 42.5 with the Premiership permitted one rider of an average of 8.00 or more. Championship has no restrictions.

Surely they have got this "ass about face" there are far to many "top riders" riding in the Championship that should be exclusively (UK wise) in the Premiership & most of them English!

​This is stopping the natural progression of our own young talent from Conference to Championship. Looks to me that the Championship promoters have to much clout with voting, Yet again not good for the future of G.B. speedway anyone else agree?

• Like 2

Overall some common sense decisions. My only gripe is Tac Sub in Heat 14 and only one rider over 8 point ave in the Premiership.

If you look at the end of season averages, I think it only affects two clubs and some didn't have a single rider over 8.

Quote from today's press release:

PREMIERSHIP and Championship leagues team points average increased to 42.5 with the Premiership permitted one rider of an average of 8.00 or more. Championship has no restrictions.

Surely they have got this "ass about face" there are far to many "top riders" riding in the Championship that should be exclusively (UK wise) in the Premiership & most of them English!

​This is stopping the natural progression of our own young talent from Conference to Championship. Looks to me that the Championship promoters have to much clout with voting, Yet again not good for the future of G.B. speedway anyone else agree?

I would agree on the face of it but the devil is in the details and there might be more to it than we yet know.

Tac sub in heat 14 is bang out of order. Needs to be changed before season starts.

Only one 8+ average rider per team isn't allowing much scope to bring back the lost stars with only 8 teams in the league. Should be 2.

• Like 5