British Speedway Forum

Overall some common sense decisions. My only gripe is Tac Sub in Heat 14 and only one rider over 8 point ave in the Premiership.

tac sub in ht14 could still help toward a last heat decider,,,

I'd take it that the 'only one 8.00 man' is for team-building purposes ?

Is the one 8.00 point man per team the excuse for the non appearence of all the world stars, or will Woffinden, Hancock, Pedersen etc be given a sub 8 point average to accommodate the stampede of all these stars breaking their necks to ride in this country.

Edited by Steve E
  • Like 1

I am pretty happy with that, my team is in the division I have always prefered to watch them in, fixed race nights should help keep teams together and not just seven individuals and the biggest plus of all, getting rid of the tactical ride which has irritated me like a gnat bite ever since there inception.

Thank you BSPA, you can and will get my money in 2018

• Like 4

Appears to be a sensible and reasonably positive outcome, nothing that will attract new fans but maybe make life a bit better for some of the existing ones. On a personal level I am delighted to see the back of the double points nonsense but disappointed there is no fast track type system in the Championship still.

• Like 2

Guest compost

No one has mentioned it yet that I've seen but the bspa website statement so no promotion/relegation next year.

No one has mentioned it yet that I've seen but the bspa website statement so no promotion/relegation next year.

Good, it was never a runner.

I didn't realise that there was any. :unsure:

• Like 1

THE 8.00 X1 only in the prem is good as will

stop to many foreign riders in our leagues give the

young brits a chance

THE 8.00 X1 only in the prem is good as will

stop to many foreign riders in our leagues give the

young brits a chance

Will it heck as like!

All it will do is continue to see up and coming overseas riders being allowed to learn their trade over here before buggering off or we'll see plenty of overseas never will be's in the teams! If they were serious about British riders they'd have given them all a 15/20% average reduction and all they have done is ruled out the majority of the top boys from being allowed to ride the Premiership if they were ever interested in the first place!

I'm sure the major brand sponsors (who happily throw money at darts, snooker, rugby and netball) will be falling over themselves to get involved, as will the TV Broadcasters!!! FFS

• Like 1

The AGM is now finished & some finer details should be forthcoming but as everyone should know, the decisions made are NOT made by the BSPA committee, they just "chair" the meeting. ALL promoters in the PL &CL have a say & a vote with their hand, so if you have a problem, take it up with your promoter.

In the SS, it has been stated that they got some things wrong(they do every year) but again, not just the BSPA's fault, but the fault of the promoters voting & decisions made during the season.

I mentioned earlier that Mondays & Wednesdays would suit the British Leagues better before knowing who was in the play offs, who could be promoted(farce), who could move between leagues. The only riders affected by this will be the riders who ride in the Danish League who wish to ride in the PL. Some riders, already, have Danish League places.

A 42.5 limit across both leagues seems to be what most posters were after. Will there be a conversion factor up/down for riders moving to a league where they did not ride. If a rider rode in both leagues, which average will apply? (I said this last year that if you have a PL average then that should apply in the PL & vica versa for CL.

YES, the t/r is abolished & t/s brought in but how many times can it be used? Being able to use it up to & including heat 14 means top riders could influence a late surge to change a result being in heat 13, t/s in heat 14 & nominated in heat 15. (TAKE NOTE ROB :approve: )

From a post above, Chris Louis has said no restarts unless tapes touched so ROLLING will be allowed.(start marshals must make sure riders are within 75mm of tapes with front wheel spindle over the 2nd line).

The double ups & guests remain, I will not be following any speedway...

Good

I dont like the idea it can now be used again in heat 14.

Favours top heavy teams. No1 could be out in all 3 of last 3 heats.

If you're using R/R at #3 for your second heat leader you can use your number 1 in heat 11, 12 (R/R), 13, 14(tac sub) and 15!

So, you actually want to see tracks close because you don't like the racing there? Someone can support a team for years, allow it to become a large part of their lives but lose it all because someone decides the track's not big enough?

I've seen some selfish rubbish on here over the years but this beats all!

If you don't like a track don't go - don't deny others that chance just because your preference is different.

I do get the feeling some people would be happy to see just a half dozen tracks running - as long as theirs was one of course!

Typical speedway. Any speedway is better than no speedway and then wonder why the sport is on it's backside. Any decent business/sport has a degree of quality control. If tracks are not up to standard sort it out or close down. Stop dragging the product down.

But speedway loves mediocrity, we'll have mediocre teams competing on mediocre tracks and while we have plenty of young Brits out there we'll let worse than mediocre Aussies have work permits and then be shocked that Australia do better than us in GPs and SWCs in the future.

Not too much change this time around. Most significant for me is the fixed nights. That ends my planned trips to Rye House, Belle Vue and Somerset for next season. I think it will be a Championship year for me, especially with the doubling down making it likely that there will be some good riders on show. Shame they've done nothing about the tail end of Championship teams - last year led to really strung out races.