British Speedway Forum

If you're using R/R at #3 for your second heat leader you can use your number 1 in heat 11, 12 (R/R), 13, 14(tac sub) and 15!

Typical speedway. Any speedway is better than no speedway and then wonder why the sport is on it's backside. Any decent business/sport has a degree of quality control. If tracks are not up to standard sort it out or close down. Stop dragging the product down.

But speedway loves mediocrity, we'll have mediocre teams competing on mediocre tracks and while we have plenty of young Brits out there we'll let worse than mediocre Aussies have work permits and then be shocked that Australia do better than us in GPs and SWCs in the future.

when i watched at Cleveland Park loads of away riders moaned about it being a trick track but i saw amazing races on it and yet went to Halifax and Odsal plenty of times and the passing was at a premium when i was there.- obviously with good meetings too.

My dad used to say proper riders can ride Cleveland Park

• Like 1

All in all, 'Rearranging Deckchairs' could be the term to summarise the AGM.

Edited by pugwash
  • Like 2

All in all, 'Rearranging Deckchairs' could be the term to summarise the AGM.

But this time they seem to have got them in the right place. Not sure we need to be negative.

• Like 2

The double ups & guests remain, I will not be following any speedway...

But the whole point is with the fixed race nights it will be no different to when riders raced in several different countries, in fact it will be better because they will be able to travel around the UK riding for two clubs without either club being affected by the other unless of course said gets injured, and that could happen anytime.

More chance of seeing a settled team next season, than for some time.

The AGM is now finished & some finer details should be forthcoming but as everyone should know, the decisions made are NOT made by the BSPA committee, they just "chair" the meeting. ALL promoters in the PL &CL have a say & a vote with their hand, so if you have a problem, take it up with your promoter.

In the SS, it has been stated that they got some things wrong(they do every year) but again, not just the BSPA's fault, but the fault of the promoters voting & decisions made during the season.

I mentioned earlier that Mondays & Wednesdays would suit the British Leagues better before knowing who was in the play offs, who could be promoted(farce), who could move between leagues. The only riders affected by this will be the riders who ride in the Danish League who wish to ride in the PL. Some riders, already, have Danish League places.

A 42.5 limit across both leagues seems to be what most posters were after. Will there be a conversion factor up/down for riders moving to a league where they did not ride. If a rider rode in both leagues, which average will apply? (I said this last year that if you have a PL average then that should apply in the PL & vica versa for CL.

YES, the t/r is abolished & t/s brought in but how many times can it be used? Being able to use it up to & including heat 14 means top riders could influence a late surge to change a result being in heat 13, t/s in heat 14 & nominated in heat 15. (TAKE NOTE ROB :approve: )

From a post above, Chris Louis has said no restarts unless tapes touched so ROLLING will be allowed.(start marshals must make sure riders are within 75mm of tapes with front wheel spindle over the 2nd line).

None of the Workington promoters attended due to family commitments

THE 8.00 X1 only in the prem is good as will

stop to many foreign riders in our leagues give the

young brits a chance

Absolutely...So out of the following list of riders, only 8 can have a job...based on their official averages. That's how you improve your product...

Kenneth Bjerre

Craig Cook

Max Fricke

Brady Kurtz

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Jason Doyle

Nick Morris

Fredrik Lindgren

Jacob Thorsell

Rory Schlein

Sam Masters

Chris Holder

Andreas Johnsson

Neils Kristian Iversen

Maciej Janowski

Which leaves anyone with bags of money and the gift of the gab to go headlong towards signing that budding British talent - Tai Woffinden - who is only on a 7.04 CMA and therefore the hottest property on the scene,

Kind of says it all about the state of the nation that in that list of over-8-pointers, only two are British, whereas 7 are Australian. Yeah, let's hammer the Aussies. That's how we'll regain control of our borders and keep those damned foreigners out.

I'd say a pretty brilliant AGM for the Chamionship.

They have not lost any numbers to the 'lure' of the Premiership.

Instead gave gained an extra team.

The fixed nights have given the graveyard slot Mondays to the PL and with the Thursday night tracks sticking with the Championship they have retained that excellent midweek choice for them all as well.

It means that the Chamionship has the excellent spread of Thursday through the entire weekend.

Kerching!

The Single eight pointer in the PL may 'feel' like the right move to their owners, so as to try and distribute them evenly around the teams. But it sends out the wrong message. It just reeks of 'dumbing down' the product there. Even when it isn't.

The unrestricted element in the Championship sounds do much better to sell to folk as a success.

On top of it all the fixed nights will allow almost everyone from the PL to ride in the Championsip without those fixture clashes that so blighted last season.

I cannot see why anyone was daft enough to choose to stay in the PL.

They've given the best stuff away!

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3

Overall some common sense decisions. My only gripe is Tac Sub in Heat 14 and only one rider over 8 point ave in the Premiership.

But some teams have had strong riders at 4 already, such as Thorsell at Wolves & Lindgren at Newcastle, which will negate tactical substitutes in heat 14 (in theory)!

Edited by szkocjasid

...That ends my planned trips to Rye House, Belle Vue and Somerset for next season...

Speedway promoters in the top league have never cared about away fans so they won't worry about that at all.

Yes the days of a "Southern Tour" are over for the top league but thankfully the Championship will still cater for teams going on "Northern Tours"...hopefully...

Absolutely...So out of the following list of riders, only 8 can have a job...based on their official averages. That's how you improve your product...

You must be looking at the averages with bonus points. The official GSAs are Max Fricke (7.39), Krzysztof Kasprzak (6.95), Rory Schlein (7.72), Sam Masters (7.92), Chris Holder (7.16)

• Like 2

when i watched at Cleveland Park loads of away riders moaned about it being a trick track but i saw amazing races on it and yet went to Halifax and Odsal plenty of times and the passing was at a premium when i was there.- obviously with good meetings too.

My dad used to say proper riders can ride Cleveland Park

Couldn't care less what the riders think. Its what the fans think. In my jobs I've a few times sat in cramped, dark, cold (or hot) trucks making TV shows but I get paid to suck it up and not moan. The important thing is that the viewer at home loves it. Not in speedway, we pander to the riders.

And to go back to the original point, if a show is crap it's scrapped. the BBC don't keep it on air because 200 people like it, they scrap it and make better alternatives for the 1000s, not the 100s - but hey, this is speedway, they know better!

All this could have been achieved in the café at the nearest Tescos .

• Like 2

All this could have been achieved in the café at the nearest Tescos .

Is that where Ged with Torun.... 😜