British Speedway Forum

Absolutely...So out of the following list of riders, only 8 can have a job...based on their official averages. That's how you improve your product...

Kenneth Bjerre

Craig Cook

Max Fricke

Brady Kurtz

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Jason Doyle

Nick Morris

Fredrik Lindgren

Jacob Thorsell

Rory Schlein

Sam Masters

Chris Holder

Andreas Johnsson

Neils Kristian Iversen

Maciej Janowski

Which leaves anyone with bags of money and the gift of the gab to go headlong towards signing that budding British talent - Tai Woffinden - who is only on a 7.04 CMA and therefore the hottest property on the scene,

Kind of says it all about the state of the nation that in that list of over-8-pointers, only two are British, whereas 7 are Australian. Yeah, let's hammer the Aussies. That's how we'll regain control of our borders and keep those damned foreigners out.

Nonsense! Look at the last Green sheets.

• Like 2

UK Martin in nonsense shocker!!!! :rofl:

• Like 4

Is that where Ged with Torun....

I have been to Torun but do not recall seeing a Tescos

Absolutely...So out of the following list of riders, only 8 can have a job...based on their official averages. That's how you improve your product...

Kenneth Bjerre

Craig Cook

Max Fricke

Brady Kurtz

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Jason Doyle

Nick Morris

Fredrik Lindgren

Jacob Thorsell

Rory Schlein

Sam Masters

Chris Holder

Andreas Johnsson

Neils Kristian Iversen

Maciej Janowski

Which leaves anyone with bags of money and the gift of the gab to go headlong towards signing that budding British talent - Tai Woffinden - who is only on a 7.04 CMA and therefore the hottest property on the scene,

Kind of says it all about the state of the nation that in that list of over-8-pointers, only two are British, whereas 7 are Australian. Yeah, let's hammer the Aussies. That's how we'll regain control of our borders and keep those damned foreigners out.

:rofl: :rofl:

There are 3 Tesco stores in Torun.

Possibly then it could have been in one of them. Probably used their club cards

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

But this time they seem to have got them in the right place. Not sure we need to be negative.

Sorry if i seem negative but I can't see anything that's going to put 'bums on seats'.

Edited by pugwash
  • Like 1

There's nothing in that AGM either in trying to reduce admissions costs, the biggest subject supporters talk about.

So, have they really listened at all? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Sorry if i seem negative but I can't see anything that's going to put 'bums on seats'.

Well TWK is a bum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 4

Well TWK is a bum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very good iris123 - I like that one. :t::rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

I know I have been one of the biggest critics of the way speedway is going but I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised.

A big thing for me is the double points rule being abolished. The doubling up situation hasn't been fully resolved but I hope that it will be a bit better.

If there were any seats left at Owlerton I might put my bum on one of them, but I may well put my bum on a dusty step.

• Like 4

Pretty happy with all of that ,maybe races 8/ 14 both should of been non tactical races cant have it all i suppose.So glad that the Micky Mouse Double points rule has been abolished thought there might of been more of a push to see more young English riders at the bottom end in the Championship.

Pretty happy with all of that ,maybe races 8/ 14 both should of been non tactical races cant have it all i suppose.So glad that the Micky Mouse Double points rule has been abolished thought there might of been more of a push to see more young English riders at the bottom end in the Championship.

Championship reserve berths should be Brit only
  • Like 7

Im pleasantly surprised with the outcome. From a Championship perspective I like the 42.50 limit with no restrictions. It might be seen to be giving young riders a chance but Ive never liked the 2 pointer/Brits only regulations. There simply arent enough riders around who are good enough; look at the problems Newcastle have had replacing struggling 2 pointers. This gives promoters more flexibility and should make it much easier for 3-4 point riders to get team places when they might have been frozen out. Team building will be more interesting and teams who suffer injuries will have more options available.

Thank god the TR has been scrapped. An admission at last that it was a bad idea that did nothing for the sport.

Hopefully the fixed race nights will help cut down on rider unavailability which brought the sport to its knees last season. It wont stop it though and I hope promoters are sensible with team building and stop employing riders who they know will have issues with commitments abroad and individual competitions (as with Lambert last season and the regular Thursday night unavailability of the Swedes). It might be tough on riders but they need to make a decision and either commit or dont. We simply must stop the abuse of R/R and guests which is a massive turn off.

Still a shame that we only have 11 clubs at Championship level. Long for the days when we had 16/17 teams and such variety but I doubt there are enough riders to support that anyway. That aside it feels like a return to what made the old NL/PL such a success and is long overdue.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 2