British Speedway Forum

With the new rules we can get complete teams to double up , eg Leicester & Sheffield only one set of contracts for the same promotion,

Peterborough & Kings Lynn , easy team building.....

Why have Leicester and Sheffield both got members on the management committee ?

Surely that could give those clubs an advantage if there's a dispute

16 Wednesdays this year with a 4 week break about 2/3rds of the way through.

So if the BSPA computer fixture planner cant find a workaround any clashes.

May I suggest that one of them on the forum send a PM to SCB as he can probably knock up a suitable program in his lunch hour

Apologies to SCB if he could do it in his coffee break

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 2

With the new rules we can get complete teams to double up , eg Leicester & Sheffield only one set of contracts for the same promotion,

Peterborough & Kings Lynn , easy team building.....

How? when a 42.5 Prem team would be much bigger than a 42.5 Champ team (unless a couple have Klindt-like Championship averages)

Why have Leicester and Sheffield both got members on the management committee ?

Surely that could give those clubs an advantage if there's a dispute

So if the BSPA computer fixture planner cant find a workaround any clashes.

May I suggest that one of them on the forum send a PM to SCB as he can probably knock up a suitable program in his lunch hour

Apologies to SCB if he could do it in his coffee break

Ive already done he basics. Works fine. Would need to be tweaked to suit exact needs but I offered it before and got no response.

I only discovered how easy it was when I tried to compile fixtures for a game and realised how hard it is to get the number of clashes the BSPA have :D

So, you actually want to see tracks close because you don't like the racing there? Someone can support a team for years, allow it to become a large part of their lives but lose it all because someone decides the track's not big enough?

I've seen some selfish rubbish on here over the years but this beats all!

If you don't like a track don't go - don't deny others that chance just because your preference is different.

I do get the feeling some people would be happy to see just a half dozen tracks running - as long as theirs was one of course!

I think I preferred it when you flounced off.

The fact of the matter is there are too many fundamentally flawed tracks in this country whereby passing is nigh on impossible, as a result there is no "Racing" spectacle. People will not got to watch a 30yd "race" followed by a 4 lap procession and that happens far too often, open your eyes!

You'll come back and say tracks can't afford it. Really? Leicester, Glasgow and Rye House have all made track adjustments in recent years.

And finally, I said " phase out" not shutdown, give them time to improve the tracks.

I think I preferred it when you flounced off.

The fact of the matter is there are too many fundamentally flawed tracks in this country whereby passing is nigh on impossible, as a result there is no "Racing" spectacle. People will not got to watch a 30yd "race" followed by a 4 lap procession and that happens far too often, open your eyes!

You'll come back and say tracks can't afford it. Really? Leicester, Glasgow and Rye House have all made track adjustments in recent years.

And finally, I said " phase out" not shutdown, give them time to improve the tracks.

Over the last three or four years 75% ( or more ) of races ended as a race ( or a motorcycle sport spectacle ) after the second bend exit - first lap. Open your eyes because it is mostly true and has been a big part of nearly driving me away after more than 60 years. Processional racing where even the minor points are not being fought over ( or hardly convincingly pushed for ).

That is down to the riders - either they don't believe they can pass or challenge closely on that track OR they are well paid enough for being in that race ( or from a match guarantee ) AND they might gate better next time and get in a decent 2nd place and settle for that.

If the faster bikes and less capable tracks are the cause of the motorcycle parade in too many heats - something must change if you want newbies to be excited, aroused and eager to come back! Or even for some the silver haired, die hard "dinosaurs" to be convinced enough to give it "yet another go" ( not that we feel very welcome according to some posters on here - jealousy because we get a couple of quid off? Or that we do not present a good image for the 20 - 40 year old newbies about to turn up in droves?

Triple.H wrote " I know the promoter is unfortunately disabled but in this day and age couldn't a Skype link have been set up ?"

re the Workington Promoter attending the conference. Skype? I can't see the BSPA being able to handle that, when their Live Facebook " Chairman's Address" was a debacle technically and and ill prepared rambling on performance. I teach students English in Japan three times a week via Skype so it can't be too difficult.

16 Wednesdays this year with a 4 week break about 2/3rds of the way through.

They also have squads,so hopefully clashes will be kept to a minimum with riders signed on the basis they miss few meetings

http://www.speedwaygb.co/premiershipstatistics17

Then add those who weren't on this years team rostas who are on the 2016 & 2015 averages that would be carried forwards...

Why would anyone look at that link when the list clearly states they are NOT the official Greensheet averages??!

Issue 35 on the BSPA site are closer to the actual figures - but even they are not shown as the FINAL averages!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Given the relatively limited list of decisions contained in the press release, I find it hard to understand how the promoters took two whole days to agree them. I find it disappointing that :-

1. Apart from setting up a working group, the urgent need for improved marketing of the sport does not seem to have been addressed

2. Nothing appears to have been done to reduce costs for riders by way of, say, limiting the specification of engines

3. There doesn't appear to be any reduction in the number of non-league meetings (individual/pairs/fours/under 21s/European/UK team/Junior team/etc) which will take precedence on Saturdays and Sundays over Championship League meetings (during the pleasant summer months!) and result in guests/RR which many regular supporters dislike and newcomers cannot understand

• Like 2

Sorry if i've missed it somewhere else but in the top league will teams meet each other twice at home and twice away.

Edited by Steve E

Over the last three or four years 75% ( or more ) of races ended as a race ( or a motorcycle sport spectacle ) after the second bend exit - first lap. Open your eyes because it is mostly true and has been a big part of nearly driving me away after more than 60 years. Processional racing where even the minor points are not being fought over ( or hardly convincingly pushed for ).

That is down to the riders - either they don't believe they can pass or challenge closely on that track OR they are well paid enough for being in that race ( or from a match guarantee ) AND they might gate better next time and get in a decent 2nd place and settle for that.

If the faster bikes and less capable tracks are the cause of the motorcycle parade in too many heats - something must change if you want newbies to be excited, aroused and eager to come back! Or even for some the silver haired, die hard "dinosaurs" to be convinced enough to give it "yet another go"

I am completely confused as to why you are telling me to open my eyes when you appear to be agreeing with pretty much everything I said!?!! :blink::unsure::blink::(

I see a fair few riders having their say on Twitter. Ward, Cook, Woffinden, Doyle... none of whom are being complimentary about the fact only one rider over 8 allowed.

I see a fair few riders having their say on Twitter. Ward, Cook, Woffinden, Doyle... none of whom are being complimentary about the fact only one rider over 8 allowed.

Ward sadly can't ride, and Woffinden doesn't ride here anyway, so they should but out.

Cook and Doyle will probably be OK at Belle Vue and Swindon - can't see what they are worried about to be honest.

I am completely confused as to why you are telling me to open my eyes when you appear to be agreeing with pretty much everything I said!?!! :blink::unsure::blink::(

Not only was I agreeing with you I was backing you up - not disagreeing in any way.

• Like 1