British Speedway Forum

The main ingredient of speedway is the racing, we need the majority of races to be exciting and the promoters and riders need to do whatever it takes to provide this excitement. Great racing will keep the fans we have and bring others in, it makes for great atmosphere, it is the answer lol

I am confident that 100% of supporters still interested in attending live matches in the stadium especially a KLS agree 100% with you.

Your Big Task is to drum it into the club owner and who is better positioned to do that than you? He might say that is what he wants or intends. If it is so why does he get even the basics of it so so wrong at club level never mind at the BSPA?

i dont follow them on twitter but to be honest Im shocked that they havent blocked me yet

If they blocked everyone that criticised them they would be down to 240 followers.

• Like 2

If they blocked everyone that criticised them they would be down to 240 followers.

they have blocked a lot of people

they have blocked a lot of people

i hope they haven't blocked them for telling the truth?

i hope they haven't blocked them for telling the truth?

i think mainly for swearing or taking the pee but I have seen a couple of people questioning why they have been blocked by them , whoever does the twitter account isnt the best people person
  • Like 3

i think mainly for swearing or taking the pee but I have seen a couple of people questioning why they have been blocked by them , whoever does the twitter account isnt the best people person

That's what seems to be a missing ingredient within the BSPA and those they choose to work along side of them - very few "people" skills ( no "bedside " manner of any kind ). And sadly that is what is most needed to bring in new fans and even woo a few of the die hards back.

Sometimes it takes time to come to the correct decisions. :blink:

• Like 2

NEWS | AGM ended 18:50 UK. Full update 10am Monday. Great progress with fixed race days 8 Premiership clubs 11 Championship clubs Team building averages agreed Fans feedback re tac sub and starting rules taken on board PLUS other initiatives

J9NJJVbF_bigger.jpg SpeedwayGB @SpeedwayGB 1m

More
  • Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

NEWS | AGM ended 18:50 UK. Full update 10am Monday. Great progress with fixed race days, 8 Premiership clubs, 11 Championship clubs, Team building averages agreed, Fans feedback re tac sub and starting rules taken on board PLUS other initiatives

Agree think same teams I top division and lakeside added to the championship

Really hope a decent team average to start the season off with otherwise its watered down leagues

Ps amazing how the AGM finished at 18-50 pm so they all can go out on the lash

J9NJJVbF_bigger.jpg SpeedwayGB‏ @SpeedwayGB 1m

More
  • Copy link to Tweet
  • Embed Tweet

NEWS | AGM ended 18:50 UK. Full update 10am Monday. Great progress with fixed race days, 8 Premiership clubs, 11 Championship clubs, Team building averages agreed, Fans feedback re tac sub and starting rules taken on board PLUS other initiatives

My guess is this;

Fixed race nights for Premiership based on it appearing that no team is moving up Monday and Wednesdays.

Premiership teams same teams as last season.

Championship the same teams with Lakeside joining the league.

Team building Premiership to run to 45 point limit, Championship 42.5.

Double Point tactical sub to be replace by the old 6 point behind tactical sub.

• Like 2

If it has gone on until 18.50 there must have been big battles.

Here's my take:

Agree that on the face of it, top division same as last year; 2nd div + Lakeside.

Not total agreement on race nights. Don't be surprised if Thursday/Monday is the deal for MOST clubs.

Interesting that the words used are tac sub (haven't had those for a long time) AND NOT TAC RULE TR.

Was there ever a consensus from fans on starting? I like all the rolling, gardening, messing around, but many don't.

If you remove it, you will make some happy and annoy others.

My money is on loads of hype that will lead to grave disappointment.

• Like 1