British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC Finals - 4th round Saturday September 15th Chorzow live on Eurosport

Excellent win for Lambert

Internationally been quite a good year so far for British speedway with Tai winning 2 sgps and leading series, Lambert winning tonight and currently 2nd in u21, and finishing second in speedway of nations.

Pity the domestic situation isn't going the same way 

Thanks a million Eurosport for managing to get to show the speedway from heat 9 after the tennis finished and then showing us a pile of crud about what was going on later they might even have got heat 7 in. Thought they could have shown it in delayed from the start with an edited version but showing all the races. There is only a 1 hour repeat of this next Friday at 9 am. Damn the tennis. The highlight for me was to see the win by Robert Lambert.

Edited by mike1944
  • Like 1

Well done Lambert for tonight, great effort.

Decent racing from what I saw.

Some very determined riding from Lambo he deserved his win.  Lets hope he can do summat at Cardiff.

What were the kevlars that Robert was wearing. Was it his Polish team?

Seriously, what I saw on the TV screen last night, despite a very interesting track there, simply another boring meeting, not much excitement although Lambert was the deserved winner. SEC yesterday, also the quality of the live pix, sub standard. On the other hand the scene with the tape troubles was rather hilarious ...

17 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Unless I'm watching a different meeting, from heat 9 when Eurosport switched over I think this is an extremely poor meeting. All happening turn 1 lap 1 but after turn 2 it's follow the leader to the end.

• Like 2

Chuffed for Robert, beating such a quality line-up. Hopefully he can repeat it at Cardiff.

21 hours ago, racers and royals said:

About 6000 in Gustrow

5,000 according to Güstrow

King's Lynn fans are chuffed to see one of our own moving on up in the World but I hope they're not delusional enough to think being at King's Lynn has brought on this next step in his career.

For me, it's moving to the 2nd tier in Poland (although with the same club due to promotion) and a more prominent role in Sweden. 2 far more competitive leagues than the British Premiership. 

It is also a track he knows quite well,not wanting to take anything away from him.But his girlfriend was a start girl there and I think it was her brother and cousin that rode for the track.

Robert might not be so strong at other tracks,although let’s not forget he did do his apprenticeship here in Germany.But it really is looking good at the moment for him

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn fans are chuffed to see one of our own moving on up in the World but I hope they're not delusional enough to think being at King's Lynn has brought on this next step in his career.

For me, it's moving to the 2nd tier in Poland (although with the same club due to promotion) and a more prominent role in Sweden. 2 far more competitive leagues than the British Premiership. 

I'd say that along with those things he is much fitter and leaner and has sorted his gating out after four years of sluggish starting. He is obviously happy, settled and content with his racing (all clubs) too which  makes a big difference.

Great result for him last night in what was a very good meeting on an excellent race track. He really is starting to look world class.

• Thanks 1