British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC Finals - 4th round Saturday September 15th Chorzow live on Eurosport

21 hours ago, mike1944 said:

Thanks a million Eurosport for managing to get to show the speedway from heat 9 after the tennis finished and then showing us a pile of crud about what was going on later they might even have got heat 7 in. Thought they could have shown it in delayed from the start with an edited version but showing all the races. There is only a 1 hour repeat of this next Friday at 9 am. Damn the tennis. The highlight for me was to see the win by Robert Lambert.

I thought it was just me setting the sky box wrong,  so that happened to everyone else as well. Who the monkeys is interested in tennis finals anyway.

It wasn't even the tennis Final - on-court action which caused us to miss the first 8 heats it was the post-match, fairly pointless analysis and congratulations. Obviously, the producer is a tennis fan or the advertisers had been guaranteed X minutes of coverage.

Wimbledon tennis works out at around 40,000 people a day for a fortnight.I’d guess the attendances most days are around 50,000 ,but for the finals they only let in a far smaller amount, which drops the average a bit.Whereas speedway is a sport on its knees!!!!

Add the fact that it tends to get better sponsors yet people still try to slag off that and other sports like football!!!!

On 7/15/2018 at 2:42 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

TOUGH to see Lambert being over-looked for a SGP wild card in 2019 even if he doesn't make it through the Challenge

I think he'd need to get pretty close in the challenge to warrant a pick. Look at the riders 9-11 in the gps- Doyle,holder,Zagar.

Lambert not yet in thst category imo - he's a world's top 30 rider for sure, but arguably not top 15.

Of course being a brit will help, wheras Drabik has almost no chance of a wild card.

But hope Lambert can do well in the challenge, and either qualify or do enough for a wild card. 

Oleg Mihailovs is the Daugavpils wildcard

draw

Startlist:

1. Andreas Jonsson #100
2. Mikkel Michelsen #155
3. Josef Franc #444
4. Andzejs Lebedevs #29
5. Peter Kildemand #25
6. Antonio Lindbaeck #85
7. Krzysztof Kasprzak #507
8. Vaclav Milik #225
9. Emil Sajfutdinow #89
10. Andrey Kudryashov #91
11. Leon Madsen #66
12. Robert Lambert #505
13. Kai Huckenbeck #744
14. Jarosław Hampel #33
15. Piotr Pawlicki #777
16. Olegs Mihailovs
17. Jevgenijs Kostigovs
18. Artjoms Trofimovs

14 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

22.000 sold for Chorzow now.

Probably not enough yet but pretty impressive still

Just been checking out Saturday`s Eurosport 2 coverage- and i think we might have the same problem of live coverage as the previous round.

Meeting is scheduled to start at 7pm local time, which is 6pm in Poland and 5pm here. Polish Eurosport are going on air at 6.30pm local- so i can see a long parade and late start so the 1st race will just be after 7.30pm in Daugavpils and 6.30pm in Poland. In the UK however Eurosport 2 is not on air until 6pm so we will miss around 4 heats i believe.:mad:- British superbike qualifying on before- maybe they will cut that short.

Does anyone have details of the league match on Sunday - SK Lokomotiv Daugavpils v Car Gwarant Start Gniezno

51 minutes ago, Col said:

Does anyone have details of the league match on Sunday - SK Lokomotiv Daugavpils v Car Gwarant Start Gniezno

Yes i do- it ain`t happening - Daugavpils are at Rybnik on Sunday and the home match against Gniezno is on Friday August 24th 

Changed for Polish TV apparently.  Start time 19:30, hmmm, should make it but landing in Vilnius just after midday.

34 minutes ago, Col said:

Changed for Polish TV apparently.  Start time 19:30, hmmm, should make it but landing in Vilnius just after midday.

Not this Friday - a week Friday !!

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Not this Friday - a week Friday !!

Duh... wishing my life away.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:43 PM, racers and royals said:

Just been checking out Saturday`s Eurosport 2 coverage- and i think we might have the same problem of live coverage as the previous round.

Meeting is scheduled to start at 7pm local time, which is 6pm in Poland and 5pm here. Polish Eurosport are going on air at 6.30pm local- so i can see a long parade and late start so the 1st race will just be after 7.30pm in Daugavpils and 6.30pm in Poland. In the UK however Eurosport 2 is not on air until 6pm so we will miss around 4 heats i believe.:mad:- British superbike qualifying on before- maybe they will cut that short.

Sort of been confirmed to me that 1st race will happen shortly after 5.30pm UK time- so if Eurosport UK don`t come on air until 6pm UK time, several heats will be missed.Therefore here is a Eurosport Poland link for the early heats and others will follow before Saturday evening.

http://internetowa.ws/channel/eurosport/

http://tele-wizja.ru/eurosport-1/#

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2