British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC Finals - 4th round Saturday September 15th Chorzow live on Eurosport

It has been announced that Poland are hosting the final event of the SEC calendar. Any rumours for dates of the other 3. Guessing another Polish location, a Swedish & either a German or Latvian?

Edited by Col
Title update

German for sure I think with either Gustrow or Landshut.

Doubt if they go to Sweden again after a very disappointing round last season.

Why don't they do a SEC event in the UK would get better crowds than you get in Europe. Apart from Poland.

be good at Peterborough or Belle Vue.

Why don't they do a SEC event in the UK would get better crowds than you get in Europe. Apart from Poland.

Because the BSPA are quite rightly boycotting these artificial events run by One Sport that are just adding to the clutter of international events that are seriously damaging British Speedway.

• Haha 1

Because the BSPA are quite rightly boycotting these artificial events run by One Sport that are just adding to the clutter of international events that are seriously damaging British Speedway.

Lol realy.

• Like 2

Hate to break the news to you, but all sports are artificial.

Edited by Long Eye

It's imposible to damage something that is already damaged.

• Thanks 1

It's imposible to damage something that is already damaged.

Slightly off topic but would you like to comment on the power struggle between the Polish Extraleague clubs and the PZM. I will give you an example from last season when the league allowed Zielona Gora to re-arrange a league match on a Thursday night which had been the date scheduled for the Polish Individual championship(IMP) semi-finals. These had to be re-arranged much to the annoyance of the PZM I would imagine. Everything isn`t as rosy in Polish domestic speedway as you and others try and make it out to be.

FIM Europe is partly updating their website with the 2018 dates. The calendar is now a mix between 2017 and 2018 dates, but the SEC calender seems to be the 2018 one.

http://www.fim-europe.com/track-racing/

Qualifiers
26.04 Balakovo    
28.04 Gorican    
28.04 Debrecen    
28.04 Pardubice    

Challenge
05.05 Lonigo or Terenzano

Finals
23.06 ?    
14.07 Güstrow    
18.08 Daugavpils    
15.09 Chorzow

Thanks for the info, anyone ever traveled to Daugavpils?  Any info gratefully received.

I drove there by car from The Netherlands, no problems.

I would wait for One Sport though for confirmation of the dates. Been told by our federation that the calendar which is now on FIM Europe website is not final yet.

2 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

I drove there by car from The Netherlands, no problems.

I would wait for One Sport though for confirmation of the dates. Been told by our federation that the calendar which is now on FIM Europe website is not final yet.

So what the XXXX for is it online for people  to see? :unsure:

10 hours ago, Col said:

Thanks for the info, anyone ever traveled to Daugavpils?  Any info gratefully received.

SEVERAL times from Riga. Terrible road, about three hours.