British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

SEC Finals - 4th round Saturday September 15th Chorzow live on Eurosport

11 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Congratulations to Robert on finishing 3rd

Super result..... hope there are two Brits in it next year

Like to see dan bewley in it 

Thank god for Antonio Lindback, had it not been for him that would be the worst meeting I had ever sat through.

That track made Leicester, Swindon, Vetlanda, Gdansk & Krsko look good entertainment wise.

Well done Robert Lambert for securing a spot next year & a bronze overall. Invaluable experience. Lindback also qualifies for next year but with the GP's will he want it?

Think we need to see how Dan Bewley is post injury.

Edited by Col
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bradford Ace said:

Yet another big stadium that looks fantastic but produces crap racing, very similar to Wroclaw.

As bad as that garbage from Krsko last week sadly 

Wroclaw is now a very good track.       The track tonight is temporary so it can be improved ???

7 hours ago, Col said:

That track made Leicester, Swindon, Vetlanda, Gdansk & Krsko look good entertainment wise.

Possibly the worst meeting ever I have sat through. What happened to "give the riders a good stage and they will put on a show"? Speedway but not speedway racing.

6 hours ago, Mark said:

The track tonight is temporary so it can be improved ???

Improved? It needs to be shelved and never laid down again despite the three-year contract there for the event. Or a new track builder who has spoken to the GP track builders. Plenty of space but no racing lines at all with gates 3 & 4 beyond "graveyard" status except on one or two memorable occasions.

But for Ruthless Robert Lambert - Onward and Upward!

I don't suppose the details of qualifying for next years SEC are known or even rumoured yet?

Assumed so. At least the BSPA have acknowledged Lambert's paricipation in the SEC this year, maybe they'll offer to host a round or qualifier.

2018 was top 5 from 2017. 6 from qualification & 4 Wildcards. Same again?

Yes, I am aware Lambert got an extra Wildcard because Laguta (podium in 2017) pulled out.

What would make this event far more interesting is if the organisers arranged with BSI for the winner to get a GP wildcard. It would raise the status of the event, attract better riders and place the event in a position behind the GP series, rather than it is now which is just a hash up.

• Like 3

Has a feel of being about to collapse to me.They have been shafted and outmanouvered by BSI.Their idea of a pairs event that was in some quarters at the beginning named as a world pairs championship has been turned into some nonsense of a sponsors event with mainly minor sponsorship involved and BSI have now started their own world pairs in all but name.And then the stop on top stars entering this one has basically turned it into what it was before.A not very interesting comp.

Sadly there will be no cooperation between the two and the comps will just get worse I think if not stop altogether and that probably is down to the tv contract.If they decide to pull out then it is dead.

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What would make this event far more interesting is if the organisers arranged with BSI for the winner to get a GP wildcard. It would raise the status of the event, attract better riders and place the event in a position behind the GP series, rather than it is now which is just a hash up.

Great call that mate - I agree 100%.

Would love to see GB hosting a round next year now we seem to be getting on board with it.

Probs more chance of the NSS getting a round than they have of getting a GP.

One thing I'd did like about last nights meeting was the transponder on Linbacks' bike that showed the speed he was traveling at , apart from that there was very little to get enthusiastic about 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Has a feel of being about to collapse to me.They have been shafted and outmanouvered by BSI.Their idea of a pairs event that was in some quarters at the beginning named as a world pairs championship has been turned into some nonsense of a sponsors event with mainly minor sponsorship involved and BSI have now started their own world pairs in all but name.And then the stop on top stars entering this one has basically turned it into what it was before.A not very interesting comp.

Sadly there will be no cooperation between the two and the comps will just get worse I think if not stop altogether and that probably is down to the tv contract.If they decide to pull out then it is dead.

FIM

It doesn’t look like GP riders couldn’t take part as Pawlicki and Sayfutdinov were racing. 

But, I wonder, other than making money for the promoters and, I assume the riders, what’s the point of the SEC? There seems to be no kudos attached to the title and, comparing how certain riders perform in it compared to their Polish league appearances, they don’t even appear to be using their best equipment. 

Add to that the generally poor crowds - where were the alleged 30,000 spectators hiding? - and the no more than average racing, with last night being the worst of them all. 

But the great news (!) is that the promoters, One Sport, are trying to get the license for the GPs, by out bidding BSI. So we have more of the same to look forward to