3. Rory Schlein 7.72

4. Kyle Howarth 6.64

5. Cameron Heeps 5.25

6. Ashley Morris ?.??

7. Nathan Greaves 2.54

Team Total: ??.??

Remaining: ??.??

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

If you are quoting from the BSPA site then include Woryna for Poole (as listed). 4.65

• Like 1

If you are quoting from the BSPA site then include Woryna for Poole (as listed). 4.65

As there is no average listed for Woryna on the BSPA website, where do you get his average from?

As there is no average listed for Woryna on the BSPA website, where do you get his average from?

Interesting as I thought he was on there at one stage. Maybe not.

I see Gomolski who only rode 4 meetings is showing his assessed GSA from 2015 as his final GSA.

Who knows with the BSPA these days. I know for example a lot of the BV Forum contributors have been planning a team with Zagar in at his 2016 GSA as he wont even get into a UK team if reassessed seeing how the one over 8 rule is now applying and at least 2 riders looking for new teams. 3 if you include K.Bjerre.

Although with the Polish EXL rules on 3 leagues max incl your Nationality league still not having been announced as relaxed or changed (to my knowledge) also muddys the waters even further.

Zagar, Holder, Tai and any other GP rider should have an assessed minimum of 8 each season while a GP rider. Otherwise someone like Holder takes the pee at Kings Lynn and signs for Poole on a daft average. Allowing those riders as bargains to replace the likes of Bjerre, Thorsell or Morris on higher averages also penalises those three for riding in our league this year.

To be fair to all those riders who supported our leagues last year, all riders who didn't ride in 2017, should have their average re-accessed in keeping with the easier format that exists at present. Failing to do that would be totally wrong and show a poor regard those who did achieved decent scores,,.,,

Edited by g13webb
To emphasise the main point of the comment
  • Like 1

To be fair to all those riders who supported our leagues last year, all riders who didn't ride in 2017, should have their average re-accessed in keeping with the easier format that exists at present. Failing to do that would be totally wrong and show a poor regard those who did achieved decent scores,,.,,

You would have thought that such a dramatic move should have been discussed and voted on at the BSPA AGM.

All these promoters knew well in advance (imo) that the one over 8 rule would be voted on as well as the 42.5 limit.

They should also have known that there would be plenty of promoters/riders (maybe) who would be looking to come back on their 2016 av as being the same. Also riders who rode before 2016 maybe being reassessed.

So if they all know this then one questions why this has not been sorted yet. Same as what about young overseas riders under 21 who have never ridden also riders over 21 with same criteria.

I find it difficult to believe that the likes of Poole and Leicester would have forked out money to sign Woryna/Vaculik/Pieszczek without having a clue which GSA they would be allocated ??

It sure doesn't help the wall of silence on any rules coming out of the BSPA are kept silent. same with what happens on the 2 riders rule who have ridden or qualify for the NL (i.e 2 Brits) that each team had to track. Plenty of comments that this rule may NOT apply any more but yet again a wall of silence from any official sources.

Maybe they are still making up the rules for 2018 in which case what point of a 3 day AGM in Tenerife ???

• Like 1

Like you 'STEVEHOLS54' the BSPA don't fill me with a lot of confidence either..

So many years they come up with these new rules, not having thought out all of the consequences . Like you say Re-accessing riders averages should have been done way before an AGM, so when this '1over8' rule was levied all the members would all have known what the implications were....

No doubt teams want the opportunity to pick up a Woffy, or a Zagar, or a Pawlicki, or even a Lebedev on a ridiculous low average thinking it would be great. but they couldn't be more wrong. We want all teams to be treated the same and as wonderful it would be to see quality riders in our teams, it has to be done on a fair markings that represents their ability and not because of some ancient ruling...

Seeing teams take advantage rigged averages, is the biggest turn off of all .....

Like you 'STEVEHOLS54' the BSPA don't fill me with a lot of confidence either..

So many years they come up with these new rules, not having thought out all of the consequences . Like you say Re-accessing riders averages should have been done way before an AGM, so when this '1over8' rule was levied all the members would all have known what the implications were....

No doubt teams want the opportunity to pick up a Woffy, or a Zagar, or a Pawlicki, or even a Lebedev on a ridiculous low average thinking it would be great. but they couldn't be more wrong. We want all teams to be treated the same and as wonderful it would be to see quality riders in our teams, it has to be done on a fair markings that represents their ability and not because of some ancient ruling...

Seeing teams take advantage rigged averages, is the biggest turn off of all .....

They didn't do it in 2016 with Tai, which in all possibility cost the Aces the league title, why should we not have Zagar on the true average he got in 2016.

• Like 2

Howarth staying at Wolves(on BSPA site)

Edited by tellboy

They didn't do it in 2016 with Tai, which in all possibility cost the Aces the league title, why should we not have Zagar on the true average he got in 2016.

They wont let The Aces benefit from Zagars average. A rule WILL be put in place to stop it. Some things never change.

• Like 1

Two wrongs don't make a right. Any respect I had for the BSPA went long ago. If and when they treat the Fans, and the public with the openness and transparency we deserve, then probably I will feel differently. But until then I will blame them for all the problems associated with this sport...