British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dickie Head

Isle Of Wight Wizards

IOW Facebook reporting that they plan to run in the SDL in 2018 using riders from their training school.

• Like 1

IOW Facebook reporting that they plan to run in the SDL in 2018 using riders from their training school.

Great news for the emerging SDL & development leagues in general. If only more clubs took a proactive approach to rider development and entered into the spirit of the leagues like IOW :t:

• Like 2

We are very excited about this development for us all on the Island. The plan for the Wizards is to be made up on My First Skid students, that we can develop and work with. Entering the SDL is a natural step for the riders and us as a club and I believe this will not only bring riders further training but potentially huge benefits to the club. This will come through further exposure of the Wightlink Warrior/Wizard and Warrior Way marketing brands, opportunity to expand our local sponsor relationships, proof of our investment in to Island kids/economy, as well as the feel good factor.....

Thanks for all your support of this and I look forward to sharing its progress with you all.

Barry

• Like 3

good luck barry and co , look forward to seeing your lads riding against the racers at arlington next year.

Which riders have started at the My first skid school? There's Jamie Sealey, Finn Peacey I assume, since he's from the IOW, who else might we see? :) My goal for 2018 is to see EVERY team who fields a team at least once, including all the development league teams, Good luck to all involved!!

• Like 1

What format is used in the SDL. All 500's, or 2 X 500 plus 2 X 125/150's

Last season it was 4 x 500's as there was/is a shortfall 125/150 riders further south. Same setup as the MDL although with looser controls on the number of league riders participating.