British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Are Leicester, Rye House, Somerset And King's Lynn Cheats?

I know shouldn't bite but you talk some utter drivel.

Facts back up my post.

Somerset put out a 2nd division side in the top flight last season.

Leicester have signed a No.1 so the rule didn't hurt them

Rye House will use Harris, Nicholls and KK therefore they will not sign a rider over 8.00 due to the points limit.

Buster has burnt his bridges with most Aussie's in the league so apart from NKI who would ride at No.1 for them who has an average over 8.00.

Swindon have stolen another title from Poole after the AGM... forums biggest bunch of bitchers and moaners.. Acting like there teams dont vote for what suits them and sod everyone else...

• Like 2

I know shouldn't bite but you talk some utter drivel.

Spot on Sugarray, A Poole fan complaining about manipulation when they sign Woryna on a 4.5 average "raised eyebrows"

• Like 1

Spot on Sugarray, A Poole fan complaining about manipulation when they sign Woryna on a 4.5 average "raised eyebrows"

I'm a Poole fan and can't relate to this person's so called facts.

Not complaining at all.

He's not a Poole fan, he's never even been there. He's just a wind-up merchant.

• Like 1

Personally i don't like any sanctions upon how a team is made up. I like the variety in the leagues where one team could track 3 x 9 pointers, 2 x 4.5 & 2 x 3 pointers vs 1 x 8 , 4 x 7 & 2 x 3 pointers vs 1 x 9, 4 x 6 & 2 x 4.5 at reserve.

For me its an added factor of which make up is better top heavy or strength in depth? When you limit what level of riders can be used it just brings it down to who can get the best riders on a particular average rather than who can build the best overall teams

• Like 3

How is the AGM set up? Do promoters only vote on items which affect their division or do all promoters vote on everything. All this nonsense directed at a few promoters whereas it maybe that all promoters vote.

I think promoters look after their own interest to limit losses instead of working together to make profit.

• Like 4

Swindon have stolen another title from Poole after the AGM... forums biggest bunch of bitchers and moaners.. Acting like there teams dont vote for what suits them and sod everyone else...

Of course all teams vote for what suits them, and that is very much a part of the problem. It shouldn't be done that way.

Anyway, if you think that riders facing the prospect of possibly being forced out of the league because they rode well for their clubs that's up to you. I just hope that all those forced out manage to get fixed up somewhere.

Morris - Somerset?

Thorsell - Rye House?

Bjerre - King's Lynn?

Surely there should have been a commitment to give these riders a club if they were going to do this and it should have been apart of the whole deal. They should be obligated to sign one of them. They are saying that the move was made to give all teams a number one, so let's just wait and see if that happens.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t it have made more sense for Wolves, BV and Swindon to have each made one of their 8 pointers available and then if not offered a contract by another club within 14 days to have been allowed to be retained by their club? Surely that could still be done?

• Like 3

Cheating clubs out of 8 point riders to give themselves an unfair advantage?

You could just as easily argue that the three who voted for more than one did so to give themselves unfair advantage.

• Like 2

Cheating clubs out of 8 point riders to give themselves an unfair advantage?

Cheating fans of seeing riders that have remained loyal to the team they support riding for them?

Cheating riders out of work if they don't, then, sign one of the 8 pointers themselves?

Cheating by voting for an average cut-off above that of their own heatleaders so that they don't have to lose any of their own riders under their new rule?

Or are they voting for the good of the sport as a whole by.... er.... nope, can't think of a reason how that can be the case, but maybe there is one?

Or maybe that they make proposals and vote yes or no much like other committees - much of their decisions for their own club will be revenue based and I don't know all the details of the proposals, alternatives that were discussed and not put forward or how all clubs voted. It's no good having sides that wallop others as this creates little spectacle and makes for rubbish TV so they have to try to equalise team strengths. The points limit is one way to do it, rider grading is another - as ever there'll be winners and losers and those who make the best changes as the season progresses will be the most successful.

If we had the Polish rules in the UK, which some have suggested, a team could be Woffinden, Cook, Dudek, Doyle, Lindgren, Lambert and Bewley. Would that make for good league speedway in the UK, no, because not many others could afford a team like that.

• Like 1

Leicester have already signed a No.1 therefore they screwed the big clubs over.

King's Lynn - NKI was the only option for them and when they realised it was Wednesday race nights they knew NKI wouldn't be joining KL and they would struggle to sign a No.1 therefore they decided to jump on the bandwagon.

Rye House dont have any plans to sign a rider over 8.00 therefore they also screwed big clubs over. Harris, Nicholls and KK is the plan for them.

Somerset cant afford top riders therefore they wanted to screw big clubs over in order to have half a chance in meetings. Should have joined the Championship.

So why would Matt Ford state publicly yesterday that the '8 and over' rule was agreed so that the SGBP could ensure 'the likes of Somerset could get a strong number one'!!?

ps. Woryna should be 4.65 as that was his final 2016 average.

Edited by Skidder1

You could just as easily argue that the three who voted for more than one did so to give themselves unfair advantage.

This is exactly the sort of thinking that causes the problem. It's is nonsensical that riders can put themselves out of a team, and possibly the league, by riding well. Nick Morris, as an example, has ridden for Swindon for years. Why should he risk getting chucked out of the league just because he has his best year? And is his average of over 8 really make him more number one material than someone like Woffinden or Zagar? As a number one his average is likely to drop, so would anyone sign him?

Plus all teams have a pretty low limit to build to in order to keep things relatively even.

Or maybe that they make proposals and vote yes or no much like other committees - much of their decisions for their own club will be revenue based and I don't know all the details of the proposals, alternatives that were discussed and not put forward or how all clubs voted. It's no good having sides that wallop others as this creates little spectacle and makes for rubbish TV so they have to try to equalise team strengths. The points limit is one way to do it, rider grading is another - as ever there'll be winners and losers and those who make the best changes as the season progresses will be the most successful.

If we had the Polish rules in the UK, which some have suggested, a team could be Woffinden, Cook, Dudek, Doyle, Lindgren, Lambert and Bewley. Would that make for good league speedway in the UK, no, because not many others could afford a team like that.

Personally I think a team like that would be box office gold whenever they visited the clubs who couldn't afford a team like that. Would you really not want to go and watch that side on your home track?