British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Are Leicester, Rye House, Somerset And King's Lynn Cheats?

Matt Ford has been telling porkie pies then.

Swindon, Wolves and Rye are not happy which means Rye, Poole, Leic and Somerset voted for 1 over 8.00

That would be Lynn and not Rye for 1 over 8 in that case :t:

Who really knows for sure though.

So now we know...having just listened to the interview with Steve Jenson, it is clear Rye House were not in favour of the new 8 point rule

Just gave it a listen. He sounds like a sensible guy.

It's not 100% clear from the interview that Rye voted against, but sounds like they might have. He certainly expressed dissappointment in it, but also explains why he felt it had to be done.

But he says he wanted each side to have a GP rider, so almost certainly they voted against.

Sensible views on tv too, saying he needs to get the product out there to attract sponsors.

So now we know...having just listened to the interview with Steve Jenson, it is clear Rye House were not in favour of the new 8 point rule

Hmmm! So one of the top 4 voted for it - and it certainly wasn't BV, Swindon or Wolves.

It looks to me that Poole are planning to bring in a couple of Polish ringers on low averages whilst stopping the other top teams going top heavy! Sounds about right! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hmmm! So one of the top 4 voted for it - and it certainly wasn't BV, Swindon or Wolves.

It looks to me that Poole are planning to bring in a couple of Polish ringers on low averages whilst stopping the other top teams going top heavy! Sounds about right! :rolleyes:

Yes of course. And just disregard the fact Vaculik was Poole bound. I have come to the conclusion all clubs voted it through for the sake of the league.

• Like 1

Yes of course. And just disregard the fact Vaculik was Poole bound. I have come to the conclusion all clubs voted it through for the sake of the league.

Wolves didn’t vote for it, CVS confirmed this at the resent Fans Forum

Wolves didn’t vote for it, CVS confirmed this at the resent Fans Forum

Jensen said on thepodcast if it hadn’t gone through the league would have been made up of three or four teams. Make of that what you will.

He signed for the Lions three weeks before the 8 point rule came in.

??????

• Like 1

Matt Ford has been telling porkie pies then.

Swindon, Wolves and Rye are not happy which means KL, Poole, Leic and Somerset voted for 1 over 8.00

Heaven forbid a promoter voted for the best interest of British Speedway and not their own personal club and who they could of potentially signed. Heaven forbid! :rolleyes:

It's more like a breath of fresh air!

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

The problem is that the rule could well achieve the opposite as they have reassessed GP riders who were under 8 and failed to do so with a few ringers who didn't ride over here last year. So in effect you are going to have two or three standout teams anyway.

My enthusiasm for going to speedway has diminished over the last two or three years and if the season started tomorrow I don't think I would go at all due to the daft rules and restrictions. Let's see how I feel in March. At least they should have sorted the double up clashes I suppose.

• Like 1

The problem is that the rule could well achieve the opposite as they have reassessed GP riders who were under 8 and failed to do so with a few ringers who didn't ride over here last year. So in effect you are going to have two or three standout teams anyway.

My enthusiasm for going to speedway has diminished over the last two or three years and if the season started tomorrow I don't think I would go at all due to the daft rules and restrictions. Let's see how I feel in March. At least they should have sorted the double up clashes I suppose.

I'm in a similar boat. They have to either re-assess all of them who haven't ridden here or nobody... not just pick and choose certain riders they want to give a new figure too!

• Like 3

Before it was announced?

Of course he did.

They announced it before the AGM.

Vaculik was never going to Poole in 2018.

• Like 1