British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Are Leicester, Rye House, Somerset And King's Lynn Cheats?

If the BT deal is as poor as has been suggested the one 8 point man is a means of reducing the wage bill overall.

That's what Poole fans have been saying for years - but no one believes them! :rolleyes:

No one other than some bitter Swindon fans believes they are

Cheating clubs out of 8 point riders to give themselves an unfair advantage?

Cheating fans of seeing riders that have remained loyal to the team they support riding for them?

Cheating riders out of work if they don't, then, sign one of the 8 pointers themselves?

Cheating by voting for an average cut-off above that of their own heatleaders so that they don't have to lose any of their own riders under their new rule?

Or are they voting for the good of the sport as a whole by.... er.... nope, can't think of a reason how that can be the case, but maybe there is one?

Do you actually know how each club voted? Anyway someone posted a list the other day of all the top internationals who would come in under eight. We don't actually owe riders work, anyone with an eight point average will already be earning far more than any of us, just riding in Poland or Sweden, with the possible exception of Craig Cook. Speaking of him, I think all the British riders should be signed up first, before we start bringing in overseas riders, look after and prioritise our own.

• Like 1

Should be a points limit and it's up to the club how they reach that limit...one 8 point rider is frankly ridiculous in my opinion and another nail in speedways coffin.

• Like 2

Paranoid

Since this rule probably only applies to the start of the season then if clubs choose to go without a "number one" then more fool them because i can't see any reason why one or two months down the line if for example another teams highest rider has dropped below eight, why they can't bring on another rider above eight in, or maybe they could bring in another 8+ regardless as this rule is to ensure even teams prior to the campaign.

As i see it, we have Jason Doyle and probably Kenneth Bjerre and Jacob Thorssell that will be available for others to sign, Doyle has rode for Leicester and very popular there, Bjerre has had stints with Lynn before so he knows the track well and Thorssell would be a useful for any team who doesn't have a rider above 8, Rye House would be a good fit for him if they didn't or can't use either KK, Harris or Nicholls.

Cheating clubs out of 8 point riders to give themselves an unfair advantage?

Cheating fans of seeing riders that have remained loyal to the team they support riding for them?

Cheating riders out of work if they don't, then, sign one of the 8 pointers themselves?

Cheating by voting for an average cut-off above that of their own heatleaders so that they don't have to lose any of their own riders under their new rule?

Or are they voting for the good of the sport as a whole by.... er.... nope, can't think of a reason how that can be the case, but maybe there is one?

how do you know that all of these clubs actually voted for this rule ???

Edited by startline sid
  • Like 1

how do you know that all of these clubs actually voted for this rule ???

I don't. Maybe it was Wolves, Belle Vue and Swindon.

Doesn't matter to me any more anyway. I've moved on.

I don't. Maybe it was Wolves, Belle Vue and Swindon.

Doesn't matter to me any more anyway. I've moved on.

why say it then?? I do know you are wrong about one club

• Like 1

why say it then?? I do know you are wrong about one club

Sometimes it's good to just get things out of your system.

I'm not wrong about anything though, because I was asking questions not stating facts.

Come on then. Spill the beans.

So now we know...having just listened to the interview with Steve Jenson, it is clear Rye House were not in favour of the new 8 point rule

I don’t think the voting for the one over 8 is quite as clear or simple as wondering who voted for it. Steve Jensen said he was disappointed in the agm but said if the 1 over 8 had not been accepted, then the league would have been made up of 3 or 4 clubs.

So in that respect some who wanted any amount of riders over 8 reluctantly accepted that it was a lost cause and voted it through to save the league.

Matt Ford has been telling porkie pies then.

Swindon, Wolves and Rye are not happy which means KL, Poole, Leic and Somerset voted for 1 over 8.00

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Matt had a number one lined up for Poole who has now gone elsewhere. There might have been overall consensus that all teams accepted the rule and voted it through.