British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2018

Find all the latest Warrior / Wizard / Skid news on social media in the following places

Follow on Twitter. @IslandSpeedway @WightWizards @myfirstskid

Like and Share on Facebook. Island Speedway’s Wight Warriors Wight Wizards SDL Speedway Team My First Skid Speedway School

The Warriors are joining the SDL 2018. Barry and co are brilliant with bringing on the young ones with My First Skid as well.

• Like 1

Scott Campos is the second name confirmed. Im surprised hes back.

Did well for the Warriors at the end of the season and is on an attractive enough average.

Does have greater impacts upon Kings Lynn's NL return which now seems unlikely?

Unless I’ve missed it, the NL points limit is still to be confirmed. Are the Warriors jumping the gun with these early signings?

Did well for the Warriors at the end of the season and is on an attractive enough average.

Does have greater impacts upon Kings Lynn's NL return which now seems unlikely?

I thought the same about the KLYS tbh

Ben Morley is a good signing. Racing a big track will certainly help Ben's development and he's definitely the number 1 they need.

• Like 1

Wow didn't see that one coming ever! Ben is a great club man, a great number 1 but big track rider he is not. Hopefully its beneficial for both Ben & IOW but certainly good to see intent from the Warriors this season.

• Haha 1

Morley's been in need of a move to a big track for a few years truth be told. This should really be his last season in the third tier if he's going to kick on at a higher level.

Riding a bigger track regularly and winning races will undoubtedly help his confidence when riding for Lakeside (and Rye House if he's part of the 2018 side). A good move for both parties I'd say. A statement of intent from the IOW.

• Like 3

Big investment from the Warriors, initially I fear this will benefit the rider more then the club. (In the sense of being a home #1) as he is not great on the big tracks.

However Warriors have an out and out number 1 who could score maxes away at any track (except the NSS)

And if Ben gets dialled into the track, this could be the season he kicks on and joins the upper leagues full time.

• Like 1

Ben improved greatly on the island last season, with some fearless rides from the back. Fair play to him, the move will do him good.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Congratulations on a great signing in Ben Morley!

I hope iow have a great season and have something to cheer about!