British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2018

Congratulations on a great signing in Ben Morley!

I hope iow have a great season and have something to cheer about!

I echo that, the way the IOW go about things they deserve to have a decent competitive season, hope they have more luck than the last one.
  • Like 1

A surprise for me ...But I'm sure the experience Ben gains by regularly riding a big track will make him a better all round rider as he consolidates his position in the higher leagues..You can gaurantee he will give the I.o.w 100 per cent commitment...

• Like 1

The more I think about this, it is a real statement of intent from the Warriors.

One of the leagues star riders, a solid engine room and a rider that seems to have caught the bug again in Campos, and one of the leagues stronger reserve riders.

Best of all for Ben is he can get a premiership place without the fear of multiple clashes.

• Like 3

Seems IOW dont want James Cockle this season .

Has that been confirmed Greg or are you just guessing

Warriors Facebook showing the signing of Ben Hopwood for 2018.

Certainly happy with the signing of Ben as he’s a very likeable bloke and is a dependable number 5. Just a 3rd heat leader, second string and junior reserve to find!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Certainly happy with the signing of Ben as he’s a very likeable bloke and is a dependable number 5. Just a 3rd heat leader, second string and junior reserve to find!

With 12.44 points left would Luke Priest, Chris Widman & Tyler Govier fit the final 3 places.

Edited by dave1075

With Widman and a 3 pointer back that leaves 5.18 and my choice would be Luke Harris. Though Callum Walker seems to love the island track so it would be good to see him feature. 

2 good signings in Morley and Hopwood but what it does now mean is that Campos starts the season as the 3rd heat leader if Widman returns and it's not possible at all now to fit in Cockle,Wilson or Coles

They did need to strengthen the team to make sure on track success backed up what in my opinion is the best promoted club in the country but I must admit I'm quite disappointed that Connor Coles isn't back in the team. Very difficult building to such a low points limit though!

38 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Why isn’t coles back? It fits doesn’t it?

Can only be that. He was a major success last season.