British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2018

On 12/11/2017 at 8:50 PM, waco said:

Has that been confirmed Greg or are you just guessing

From James on Facebook :) 

4 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

2 good signings in Morley and Hopwood but what it does now mean is that Campos starts the season as the 3rd heat leader if Widman returns and it's not possible at all now to fit in Cockle,Wilson or Coles

They did need to strengthen the team to make sure on track success backed up what in my opinion is the best promoted club in the country but I must admit I'm quite disappointed that Connor Coles isn't back in the team. Very difficult building to such a low points limit though!

Conner Coles told us pretty early on that he would have loved to return to the island but his work committment in the midlands was a struggle for him to continue. He kind of asked permission to look elsewhere, which of course he received with our absolute blessing. Connor is a great guy, with a great family and we will miss him.

Edited by barrybishop
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Why can’t iow fit coles campos & widman in? 

Cos there’s only 9.44 for 2 riders left. 

Oh sorry I must have missed their signings 

just checked so they have 

Morley 9.49 / Hopwood 7.44 / Sealey 3.00 / portwood 3.83 / campos 5.80

i think they should go: Lee Smart 4.24 & Luke Harris 

Problem with Lee is he packed in every 2 laps. 

Bit surprised Sealey is back? Although he is a 3 pointer with league experience now and has time to prepare this year. That said he really needs to improve his equipment and cut out the falls when in decent positions.

Not a lot of back up to Morley and Hopwood in this side i would not consider Campos a heat leader.....Mildenhall and Eastbourne seemed to have signed all the best youngsters

Edited by waco

30 minutes ago, waco said:

Not a lot of back up to Morley and Hopwood in this side i would not consider Campos a heat leader.....Mildenhall and Eastbourne seemed to have signed all the best youngsters

Sadly its looking that way and it was a bright looking start to the Warriors team building. With Widman an almost certainty to feature and 5.18 to play with a rider like Luke Harris seems set to complete the side. Whilst ironically Widman & Harris would be the ones with most scope for average improvement it does leave the engine room of the team a little light weight

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 11:01 PM, dave1075 said:

With 12.44 points left would Luke Priest, Chris Widman & Tyler Govier fit the final 3 places.

OK with Jamie Sealey confirmed how about these 2 to finish the side. George Hunter (5.43) & Layne Cupitt (4.00) 

29 minutes ago, adonis said:

Is this Scott Campos  the same one who was in the American SWC  squad ? 

Yes.  Although Scott is British and from Nofolk, he has some American ancestry (a parent or grandparent?).   About 4 or 5 years ago, when teams nominated 10 riders for the SWC squad, America only had about 5 riders, and Campos' ancestry was enough to be able to add him to the squad.

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

Yes.  Although Scott is British and from Nofolk, he has some American ancestry (a parent or grandparent?).   About 4 or 5 years ago, when teams nominated 10 riders for the SWC squad, America only had about 5 riders, and Campos' ancestry was enough to be able to add him to the squad.

I do believe he was born in Ipswich, which of course is Suffolk and not Norfolk.

12 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I do believe he was born in Ipswich, which of course is Suffolk and not Norfolk.

You send his christmas card to Suffolk then.   As far as I'm aware he lives just a few miles from King's Lynn.  (Though I think his address might actually be Lincolnshire as he's right on the Lincs/Norfolk border).

1 minute ago, WalterPlinge said:

You send his christmas card to Suffolk then.   As far as I'm aware he lives just a few miles from King's Lynn.  (Though I think his address might actually be Lincolnshire as he's right on the Lincs/Norfolk border).

I thought you were talking about his place of birth rather than where he lives now, of which you are right of course.