British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Tactical Substitutes Question?

Certainly better than the double bubble but would really have preferred the old way - six down and you can use a run of subs. I found the old way used to keep matches interesting - even if the racing was off. A TS just once isn't as good, in my opinion, but better than the double points race.

What do you say Hacksaw Jim, BeWitcher and that other one... the Newcastle fan?

Not as good, maybe, but certainly doesn't make it a joke sport as you seem to be saying.

To be honest, the old TS system was extremely unfair on sides who built up a lead - more so that this rule now or even the TR. It gave a clear advantage for a side going behind sometimes.

• Like 2

Interestingly enough the star today seems to suggests it’s tactical substitutes rather than just one substitute.

Certainly the way it’s written with quotes from Rob Godfrey.

I dare say it will be properly clarified at some point.

The whole "Sport" is geared up to home wins, it's what the punters want, it's what gets the crowds in, the less chance of an away team using tacticals and snatching a win the better... in the self interested promoters eyes

The whole "Sport" is geared up to home wins, it's what the punters want, it's what gets the crowds in, the less chance of an away team using tacticals and snatching a win the better... in the self interested promoters eyes

You have to admit though - a winning Team is good for Business.

I have no problem getting beaten at home by a better Team, where I do have a problem is losing due to contrived Rules to keep things close.

Points should be scored on the Track - not fiddled.

• Like 2

No...they don't - so piss off

You don't follow the sport - no one actually cares what you have to say, another one of the dullards who think going to speedway 20 years ago makes them relevant - it doesn't - no one gives a sh*t what you have to say about speedway

p.s don't bother replying, don't bother with lengthy verbiage - I really don't care, in fact if you reply it only confirms what a twit you are.

Harsh words but absolutely justified where that idiot is concerned.

Harsh words but absolutely justified where that idiot is concerned.

They usually say, you can tell how brave a man is by how he talks behind a keyboard....

You sir, are a 20 word a minute hero.

Edited by moxey63

Hilarious? No, not really. Just a former fan who wants a sport he once loved to claw itself back into being something of a serious sport. I cling on for a bit of sense, thought the reintroduction of the tac sub was the start, only to discover it is to be used the once per match.

What's wrong with once per match ? Personally I would rather have no T/S or T/R at all. I never did like them and the present scoring system of league points makes the T/R even more unnecessary in my view. So why should your opinion trump mine ?

As much as I dislike the T/R and T/S I accept some like it and some don't. Once per meeting is a reasonable compromise between the two opinions. You can't please all the people all the time

The truth is that you are like a spoilt kid throwing tantrums who wants everything your own way, and will never be satisfied whatever the promoters do.

• Like 2

I have just been reading the Speedway Star and on page 4 the article "Why we ditched double".

From next season, team managers will have no recourse to the black and white helmet for double points, but will be able to deploy tactical substitutes between Heats 5 and Heats 14, with the exception of Heat 8, when their team is trailing by six points or more.

If it can only be used once shouldn't it have said, "..will be able to deploy a tactical substitute between Heats 5 and Heats 14?

What's wrong with once per match ? Personally I would rather have no T/S or T/R at all. I never did like them and the present scoring system of league points makes the T/R even more unnecessary in my view. So why should your opinion trump mine ?

As much as I dislike the T/R and T/S I accept some like it and some don't. Once per meeting is a reasonable compromise between the two opinions. You can't please all the people all the time

The truth is that you are like a spoilt kid throwing tantrums who wants everything your own way, and will never be satisfied whatever the promoters do.

Totally agree with you.

Dont think that is correct.Before the Black and white double points rule,there was only a max of 2 Tac rides .

depends how far you go backk
  • Like 1

ONCE only sounds fine to me, if we have to have Tactical Substitutes at all.

Also like to further agree.... that I'm like a spoilt kid, throwing tantrums and not agreeing with what certain people think.

But I don't throw insults when I disagree with what others think. How selfish for having my own mind.

So a single T/S replaces a double points T/R!!.

I'll just stand back and watch the stadia fill up across the country

So a single T/S replaces a double points T/R!!.

I'll just stand back and watch the stadia fill up across the country

... and before you know it, you'll be stood at home on racenights.

I seriously question the antics of promoters when in this week's Speedway Star, one of them says the Tac Ride was binned because, in a way, fans didn't really like it! After 14 years?

... and before you know it, you'll be stood at home on racenights.

I seriously question the antics of promoters when in this week's Speedway Star, one of them says the Tac Ride was binned because, in a way, fans didn't really like it! After 14 years?

It was only brought in for SKY - certainly NOT for the good of the Sport.