British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Tactical Substitutes Question?

Guest GiveusaB

It's good to get CUFC's view from a relatively 'new' supporter perspective, but it seems 'us' older (46 years of following B'ham) supporters are in favour of game changers?

Like 'Ommer Mon' states....'it's about entertainment' first and foremost.....we no doubt all want to win, but I'd swap a 65-13 for a 40-38 any day of the week !

Explaining why a rider finishing second scores more than the race winner is a lot harder than a mere (tactical) substitution. Most people are familiar with football and their regular use of it when removing a tired/underperforming team man with one more capable of contributing.

• Like 2

Surely if tac subs are allowed why limit it to one, I think 8 points behind is about right with any amount of tac subs allowed if and when a team is 6, 8 or 10 behind, either it’s acceptable to make matches closer or it isn’t.

If promoters cannot afford it then don’t have them it at all, really is the same with team building if a team wants to use build top heavy instead of strength in depth I don’t see a problem, limiting it to one rider over 8 is ridiculous enough but to run all the uk leagues on different rules, formats etc is madness and certainly doesn’t help the refs, who get it wrong enough as it is.

Surely if tac subs are allowed why limit it to one, I think 8 points behind is about right with any amount of tac subs allowed if and when a team is 6, 8 or 10 behind, either it’s acceptable to make matches closer or it isn’t.

If promoters cannot afford it then don’t have them it at all, really is the same with team building if a team wants to use build top heavy instead of strength in depth I don’t see a problem, limiting it to one rider over 8 is ridiculous enough but to run all the uk leagues on different rules, formats etc is madness and certainly doesn’t help the refs, who get it wrong enough as it is.

Totally agree with that part of your Post. I wish they had gone down that route.

I must be grateful for small mercies, that they saw the light over the Double Points issue.

Explaining why a rider finishing second scores more than the race winner is a lot harder than a mere (tactical) substitution. Most people are familiar with football and their regular use of it when removing a tired/underperforming team man with one more capable of contributing.

This ^^. Not read entire thread (still at work !) but the BSPA AGM release says 'tactical substitutes', inferring more than one per match. As always time will tell....

Edited by Martin Mauger

This ^^. Not read entire thread (still at work !) but the BSPA AGM release says 'tactical substitutes', inferring more than one per match. As always time will tell....

Inferring one per Meeting for both Teams to me.

Thus the plural.

No inference needed. Gordon Pairman & Chris Louis have both confirmed that it's once only.

Of course, in the crazy world of speedway regs this could change several times before next March.

Edited by Alan Jones

Thanks for clarifying. So just the 1 Tac Sub, then still better than the unpopular TR....