British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Now Flint is signed, assuming the average is set at 40 points, I would like to see the following for next season:

JPB 8.66

Hume 7.33

Bowtell 6.65 (available Lakeside moving up)

Hunter 5.43 (may possibly not fit at Kent)

Hampshire 4.18

Cupitt 4.00 (worth another season / starting at reserve)

Flint 3.00

Total 39.25

If JPB decides to move elsewhere (which I am hoping is unlikely) then Tom Bacon would be welcome back, as upped his average in 2017, or Mitchel Davey (seems to love the Perry Barr track) would be other options.

Thats a good team. Always a useful reserve and a powerful top 2. However I think Hunter will be further south.

Now Flint is signed, assuming the average is set at 40 points, I would like to see the following for next season:

JPB 8.66

Hume 7.33

Bowtell 6.65 (available Lakeside moving up)

Hunter 5.43 (may possibly not fit at Kent)

Hampshire 4.18

Cupitt 4.00 (worth another season / starting at reserve)

Flint 3.00

Total 39.25

If JPB decides to move elsewhere (which I am hoping is unlikely) then Tom Bacon would be welcome back, as upped his average in 2017, or Mitchel Davey (seems to love the Perry Barr track) would be other options.

Hunter is nailed on for the Budgies I am afraid.
  • Like 1

You say this that you think Hunter will be at Eastbourne. But Powell with his average I would say has more potential and better on his average to have in the team than Hunter.

I d disagree with that massively, plus Hunter is marrying into the Dugard family. Powell looks a complete novice at some tracks imo, and great at others.

• Like 1

I d disagree with that massively, plus Hunter is marrying into the Dugard family. Powell looks a complete novice at some tracks imo, and great at others.

kelsey's to young to get married , he should see a bit of life first :lol: . i agree with you on powell but i've aligned his poorer performances to the wetter tracks even at arlington , think there's more to come from him so well worth a team place even on his average.

Edited by gee jay

Flint is a good signing....

Hope Birmingham have some experience at the top but mainly rely on youngsters who are on the way up.

Let’s get back to the NL being a training ground for young British talent

• Like 1

The NL is a league of upcoming British talent, and if you think otherwise I dont know what league you have been watching!!

Edited by Moleman27

The NL is a league of upcoming British talent, and if you think otherwise I dont know what league you have been watching!!

Maybe he has Stoke Potters in mind? :D

Excellent signing for the Brummies well on course for a competitive team once again .

Early days yet but a good signing imho. Saw this young man in action in Güstrow earlier this year and he was as competitive as any of the local youngsters. From memory he finished a competitive second in each of his three 250cc races. If he adapts well to man-sized bikes, he'll do ok.

• Like 1

Early days yet but a good signing imho. Saw this young man in action in Güstrow earlier this year and he was as competitive as any of the local youngsters. From memory he finished a competitive second in each of his three 250cc races. If he adapts well to man-sized bikes, he'll do ok.

I was adding the flint signing to the hume signing both will without doubt add a point to the average possibly more but dont want to put too much pressure on a 15 year old kid (hope he just enjoys hes first season and learns plenty) and Danyon who will have been out of competitive riding for a year fingers crossed he stays fit and scores plenty of points for both us and ippo in 2018 hes a top lad and deserves it..

Did you see the Stoke Geriatrics side last year ??????

yeah but wasn't wallinger even though older still not upcoming

Which is like saying that Lance Corporal Jones in Dad's Army was climbing up through the ranks...

Guest GiveusaB

Reading between the lines....unless a BIG sponsorship deal comes up in the Midlands for JPB, then he wont be at Brum next season. I'm sure he'd have been signed by now, if he was going to be riding for us!

Massive loss from an entertainment spectacle!

Looking forward to seeing the progression of 'Flint'.....great signing so far as 'development' goes !