British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Huge signing for Brum there!

Have to admit i did not realise Leon turn 15 just at the right time (ignoring my view that 15 is too young for league racing but thats another topic).

Massive talent and very highly regarded in a lot of circles, from what i have seen and heard could easily be the top 3.00 pointer this year.

He wont average more than kemp. Good signing thou

Will be blinking close between them. Kemp has the early upper hand having some NL experience but for a bragging rights 50p id wager Flint has the higher peak average & season ending average (just).

Reading between the lines....unless a BIG sponsorship deal comes up in the Midlands for JPB, then he wont be at Brum next season. I'm sure he'd have been signed by now, if he was going to be riding for us!

Massive loss from an entertainment spectacle!

Looking forward to seeing the progression of 'Flint'.....great signing so far as 'development' goes !

I think as with most teams the points limit is the big question mark over who they can sign before the limit is agreed, it could be the case with JPB that the Promoters don't want to put pen to paper then have to make big changes when they find they can't make the numbers fit in,

Guest GiveusaB

I think as with most teams the points limit is the big question mark over who they can sign before the limit is agreed, it could be the case with JPB that the Promoters don't want to put pen to paper then have to make big changes when they find they can't make the numbers fit in,

I accept your point for middle/bottom order riders ? but I dont think JPB's signing has anything to do with the points limit? JPB at 8.66 is a no brainer ! I dont think we can afford him next season. But hey ho, that's not a bad thing as long he continues his progression. I will miss watching him!

Great to see/speak about so much young talent coming through !

I accept your point for middle/bottom order riders ? but I dont think JPB's signing has anything to do with the points limit? JPB at 8.66 is a no brainer ! I dont think we can afford him next season. But hey ho, that's not a bad thing as long he continues his progression. I will miss watching him!

Great to see/speak about so much young talent coming through !

If cost is not a factor as you say it's a no brainer. Sign a good quality No 1 on a reasonable average like JPB and a 3.00 pointer like you have and then wait for the averages to come out to build the rest of the team. One assumes worst case scenario is 39, hopefully will go up at least to 42. Even with Hume would leave 20 points for 4 riders if it's 39 Edited by gazzac

Guest GiveusaB

Another factor will no doubt be....'what teams are entering the League/leaving what riders without a team place'.....?

Any word when the NL AGM is likely to be to put us out of our misery?

2 years ago it was the week after the EL/PL AGM, last year it was the month after...any guess on what that projection could lead to this time around?

Guest GiveusaB

2 years ago it was the week after the EL/PL AGM, last year it was the month after...any guess on what that projection could lead to this time around?

It will probably put us in to 'our misery' as opposed to taking us 'out of it' ? knowing how little respect they have for the National League at the BSPA

I would say apart from cost / sponsorship required there is the danger of JPB riding in higher leagues. As a Wednesday club Brum need to ensure no rider gets a Premiership place? Plus with Hume already riding 2 leagues perhaps they are hesitant to have too many double uppers?

Edited by Sings4Speedway

Second week of April

• Like 1

The NL is a league of upcoming British talent, and if you think otherwise I dont know what league you have been watching!!

Its not any longer a training league and has suffered with a dearth of new talent which has been a feature of Speedway in the uk and now some European countries.

However there is a ray of hope with a National training scheme of sorts.