British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

oh thats defo no JPB then real shame that .

I really think hes a top lad but on the track hes not very entertaining i dont think he made a pass last year at perry barr

Let's not kid ourselves. If a NL rider is good, by which I mean really good, then they shouldn't stay in the NL for very long. They need to develop in increasingly more competitive leagues. So let's wish JPB a successful spell in the CL at Glasgow. Hopefully his career can progress there and it won't be long before he's in a PL team too. Let's also hope that equally promising talent can be found that the Brummies can provide a springboard into a promising future for. Yes that will mean waving them goodbye when they outgrow the NL, but that's the nature of the beast.

Hopefully if the crowd levels improve at Perry Barr, making it viable for the Brummies rejoin the second or first league again (whatever they are called by the time we get there) we may see these riders again, when their potential has fully blossomed.

A hard choice was made, but I feel it was the correct one.

Both are cracking riders and both would of been excellent at No1

But Bacon is more settled and age wise more mature.

Wishing JPB all the best for next season.

• Like 1

Why does this mean no JPB just out of interest? 

24 minutes ago, LordoftheShale said:

A hard choice was made, but I feel it was the correct one.

Both are cracking riders and both would of been excellent at No1

But Bacon is more settled and age wise more mature.

Wishing JPB all the best for next season.

Why?

JPB's trajectory is only going up, and he's done it at #1.

Bacon flopped at #1 and racked up his 8.75 average as a result of riding at #4 in the latter part of the season. It should have been a no brainer.

Hampshire + Cupitt + 3 pointer could still fit him in, but I don't see it happening.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

Guest GiveusaB

Shame!

JPB not only provides entertainment, but he's the future of the sport imo....

I'm not a fan of Bacon's style? he only seems to ride the white line?

Disappointed, but grateful that we have a team to follow!

Think this is as much to do with off track as on it. With the new management team i feel they are looking to work with riders who are easy to deal with in the maiden season and they dont come much easier to deal with than Tom Bacon.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think this is as much to do with off track as on it. With the new management team i feel they are looking to work with riders who are easy to deal with in the maiden season and they dont come much easier to deal with than Tom Bacon.

Absolutely!

I think you're right !

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:05 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

oh thats defo no JPB then real shame that .

I really think hes a top lad but on the track hes not very entertaining i dont think he made a pass last year at perry barr

Who are you talking about Tom or JPB?

5 hours ago, Ossetttiger said:

Who are you talking about Tom or JPB?

Dont worry Mr NP  JPB  was the most entertaining rider at Birmingham in 2017 providing many passes when chasing a bit of dirt .

Unfortunately it was  never a line tom took he preferred curb crawling hence him failing to make a pass at pb all year   

1 hour ago, Ossetttiger said:

I can tell you Jack loves Birmingham  the track people and supporters and  there's  nowhere else in the NL he wants to ride. 

I can tell you that  the majority of fans would love to see back without doubt ..

I see taylor has signed for kent 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

Tom Bacon improved for Panthers as the season progressed, but did ride the white line too often. Think the relaxed rules regarding the starts will help him, as he tended to jump a bit last season. Good luck to him, likable lad, & hope he gets fixed up in the Championship as well.

• Like 1