British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

21 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Tom Bacon improved for Panthers as the season progressed, but did ride the white line too often. Think the relaxed rules regarding the starts will help him, as he tended to jump a bit last season. Good luck to him, likable lad, & hope he gets fixed up in the Championship as well.

Completely agree real top lad and hopefully he looks to find a bit of dirt this year.. 

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I can tell you that  the majority of fans would love to see back without doubt ..

I see taylor has signed for kent 

Disappointing news, would have very much liked to have seen Taylor back at PB especially with his mentor from 2017 now running the club..

Guest GiveusaB
6 hours ago, Osirian08 said:

Disappointing news, would have very much liked to have seen Taylor back at PB especially with his mentor from 2017 now running the club..

Echoed!

Not really. Hampshire looked like he had lost interest in the last few months of the year. He and Cupitt need to learn a lesson before they sit on a speedway bike again, that application and dedication are for life not just the first few weeks of a season.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
57 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Not really. Hampshire looked like he had lost interest in the last few months of the year. He and Cupitt need to learn a lesson before they sit on a speedway bike again, that application and dedication are for life not just the first few weeks of a season.

I think you're right in part.....but I do think that Hampshire's equipment was partly to blame.

I think Cupitt has potential...he just needs to relax a bit at times!

He reminds a bit like Carl Askew back in the 70's .....ended up trying too hard and falling off  : )

Edited by GiveusaB

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think you're right in part.....but I do think that Hampshire's equipment was partly to blame.

I think Cupitt has potential...he just needs to relax a bit at times!

He reminds a bit like Carl Askew back in the 70's .....ended up trying too hard and falling off  : )

Rightly or wrongly Hampshire needs to invest in his equipment if he is to improve. Not just financially but in time & maintenance also. Its a very common misconception with riders breaking into the NL that they will earn enough money to cover all their costs  & that the two bikes they have that look good at the start of the year will last all season. Whatever the age of the bike they require constant work and if there is any item that might fail it almost certainly will fail. Bikes at NL level do not need to be new but they do need to be looked after thoroughly.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

....but I do think that Hampshire's equipment was partly to blame...

Which basically comes back to Hampshire being to blame...his equipment is his responsibility. See above comments about investment and work needed to keep a bike competitive.

• Like 2

He came to kent in the end of season challenge from brum and scored double figures, guested for kent at Stoke at #5 and looked good and scored well.

So I an a pretty happy kent fan with his signing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

So I an a pretty happy kent fan with his signing.

Well, good luck all round. I hope for your sake that he doesnt get bored or fed up by the time all his mates are off to play around in Ibiza, because that was about the time ladt year he seemed to lose interest.

I see that Mitch Davey has said he is leaving stoke could he end up at Brummie ? 

1 hour ago, Greg said:

I see that Mitch Davey has said he is leaving stoke could he end up at Brummie ? 

With a CMA of 8.61 against JPB's 8.66, if that's the route the new Promotion are taking, I would sincerely hope not.

So I have been told, Taylor Hampshire has secured a University place somewhere in the South of England so would have had difficulty in getting to Perry Barr on a Wednesday night - hence the necessity for him to ride for a Southern club. 

He did make very good progress last season despite his equipment sometimes being iffy and I wish him well at Kent where he will be a useful acquisition.

Guest GiveusaB
13 hours ago, Leicester Hunter said:

With a CMA of 8.61 against JPB's 8.66, if that's the route the new Promotion are taking, I would sincerely hope not.

I agree with you here LH, but I think there's more to consider in the NL ? 

Logistics and sponsorship plays a greater part in the NL due to the 'lower pay' compared to the other 2 leagues and therefore we cant sign riders based on potential/ability ?

I guess it's a balance of finance and Mitch Davey will most probably be 'cost effective' for the new owners?

He'll do a great job at home meetings! (please note....that JPB would be my first choice No.1 if it was possible)

Hi all at Birmingham.

I have sponsored Leon Flint for a while now, starting when he was on 125s (probably before that)  then on to his 250s level.  I have been seriously proud  of his development British Champion 2015/16 &17, and did so well in world championships until engine problems in the finals. Then to be voted young rider of the year, what an honour for him, but very well deserved, to see him behind the scenes with other youngsters is fantastic to see.  

I will be sponsoring Leon Flint again while at Birmingham, sadly living all the way up here in Northumberland and business commitments it is doubtful that I will have the honour to come down and watch him.  I have sponsored a few riders over the years, however for such a young person, I have not met many so appreciative for what he gets, no matter how large or small.  If there is any of you wishing to sponsor this young talent, you will not regret it for one second.

TAFFYS TIME MACHINE

• Thanks 1