British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

32 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Hi all at Birmingham.

Hi back! 

I saw Leon in Güstrow last year. Was well impressed. If Leon is in Güstrow again in May and you follow him out there, give me a shout and I'll get you a beer in :-) 

10 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Hi back! 

I saw Leon in Güstrow last year. Was well impressed. If Leon is in Güstrow again in May and you follow him out there, give me a shout and I'll get you a beer in :-) 

If he is ,will be on 500s this time.  I am a retailer, so find it very difficult to travel, in what is our summer season.  He lives for speedway, great to see that type of dedication.

Looking at Facebook it looks like JPB will not be back at Birmingham, which if true is very sad, and very odd, I see some fans are suggesting that M Davey as Birmingham’s new number 1, Why would you drop a 17 year old English rider for a 27 year old Australian who lives in Scotland (expensive travel), seems like the new Promoters are making some very strange decisions 

Guest GiveusaB
1 minute ago, Argos said:

Looking at Facebook it looks like JPB will not be back at Birmingham, which if true is very sad, and very odd, I see some fans are suggesting that M Davey as Birmingham’s new number 1, Why would you drop a 17 year old English rider for a 27 year old Australian who lives in Scotland (expensive travel), seems like the new Promoters are making some very strange decisions 

It appears that we dont have much choice?

JPB is looking for local sponsors ?

I think we'll sign Perry and not Davey?

Would still rather see Bowtell as the next signing and a stronger middle order, rather than another 8+ rider and a top heavy team.

51 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think we'll sign Perry

Looking at their Facebook comments both Tom Perry and Ryan Blacklock seem to be without team places in 2018 and are offering their equipment up for sale.

38 minutes ago, Argos said:

Tom Perry Now there’s a Thought, NT Cradley NL Birmingham 

I wouldn't have thought Tom could ride for Cradley if he is in the Birmingham team, with them also being in the Trophy?

Would be a shame if he decides to call it a day as he is great to watch, but I guess with a good job and family to support at some point everyone has to make a decision

As It’s a new promotion now, who’s to say Davey is as popular with them as he was with Drury etc?

7 hours ago, MattJ81 said:

I wouldn't have thought Tom could ride for Cradley if he is in the Birmingham team, with them also being in the Trophy?

He would be able to guest for Cradley in matches which don't involve Birmingham.

As regards signing him for 2018, I'd see that as a positive (if we're not getting JPB into the team), and personally, I felt he was badly missed in the Brummies team last season.

14 hours ago, Leicester Hunter said:

He would be able to guest for Cradley in matches which don't involve Birmingham.

As regards signing him for 2018, I'd see that as a positive (if we're not getting JPB into the team), and personally, I felt he was badly missed in the Brummies team last season.

Thanks - fingers crossed he gets a team place 

Considering how eager JPB was to come back in 2018 (judging by his comments at the Drury farewell meeting) this whole scenario seems very strange

Check out Tom Perry's Facebook posts. All his stuff is up for sale because he has no team place, and presumably because he doesn't want to be ready if the call comes in when the first team changes get made.

23 hours ago, Leicester Hunter said:

Not true, Cradley can only use riders from teams not in the trophy or from the other trophy group ie Mildenhall, Belle Vue, Plymouth, IOW, Eastbourne and Kent.

• Like 1