British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Oh dear didn’t realise that, that’s been kept very quiet, and I was thinking of going to Cradley to see some Birmingham riders riding for the enemy, wont bother now   

8 hours ago, Argos said:

Oh dear didn’t realise that, that’s been kept very quiet, and I was thinking of going to Cradley to see some Birmingham riders riding for the enemy, wont bother now   

It’s the same ruling as last season. 

Well I’ve heard some absolute rubbish from Promoters in the past but this takes some beating   “But we felt he would personally benefit by going somewhere new for a season” So Mason is doing what he thinks is better for a rider and not Birmingham Speedway, we all know JPB was desperate to come back to us, why will he benefit by going somewhere else? Better Track? More Money?Less Traveling? Why did Mason just say JPB doesn’t fit in our plans, not we are doing him a favour by not signing him 

Maybe JPB stands a better chance of landing much needed sponsorship going elsewhere? There is far more to being a speedway rider than the few minutes spent on the track. Perhaps a fresh track to go with a fresh approach is the best way for JPB to progress. 

16 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Maybe JPB stands a better chance of landing much needed sponsorship going elsewhere? There is far more to being a speedway rider than the few minutes spent on the track. Perhaps a fresh track to go with a fresh approach is the best way for JPB to progress. 

But  surely that’s JPB  decision not Masons, Let’s not forget for what ever reason Mason doesn’t want JPB in his Team although he is saying publicly it’s better for him to go somewhere else, and also let’s not forget JPB was desperate to come back

28 minutes ago, Argos said:

let’s not forget JPB was desperate to come back

Really?

Let's not forget JPB put a prominent posting on facebook a good few weeks ago with words to the effect of  "I'm not ruling out wanting to go back to Birmingham, but I'm just wondering if any other NL clubs out there want to make me an offer".

And apparently he's contacted several other clubs asking if they want to make him a better offer than Brum.   Perhaps that's annoyed the Masons and led them to believe he'd be better off elsewhere?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He mentions a big year on and OFF the track and i cant help think that him having a baby (well hes partner) in the coming July at just 18 has maybe swayed Mr Masons mind a little bit in terms of there could be a tough few months  ahead for JPB and it may affect hes racing .

On that note i would like to congratulate the young man and wish him all the very best and hope everything goes well or him on and off the track 2018  and will always get a warm reception when he returns to PB.

I second the previous comment and would also like to wish Jack all the very best for the coming season. The Parkinson-Blackburns are a lovely close-knit family and will be very much missed at Perry Barr and will always received a royal welcome from Birmingham supporters when they come back - no doubt to make us fervently wish that they were still with us!

Like most others, I am very sorry to lose Jack's services, but thank him sincerely for all of his efforts whilst he was in the yellow and red. Best of luck for the future Jack.

53 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

He mentions a big year on and OFF the track and i cant help think that him having a baby (well hes partner) in the coming July at just 18 has maybe swayed Mr Masons mind a little bit in terms of there could be a tough few months  ahead for JPB and it may affect hes racing .

On that note i would like to congratulate the young man and wish him all the very best and hope everything goes well or him on and off the track 2018  and will always get a warm reception when he returns to PB.

From what I understand he was told a number of weeks ago he might not be required if the points limit was kept at 39 thus the Facebook status looking for other options as times goes on teams are sorted he didn't want to be left with no place, looking at his Grandads Facebook he was told at the beginning of the week he wasn't in their plans well before the post last night about the baby in July

5 hours ago, Argos said:

Well I’ve heard some absolute rubbish from Promoters in the past but this takes some beating   “But we felt he would personally benefit by going somewhere new for a season” So Mason is doing what he thinks is better for a rider and not Birmingham Speedway, we all know JPB was desperate to come back to us, why will he benefit by going somewhere else? Better Track? More Money?Less Traveling? Why did Mason just say JPB doesn’t fit in our plans, not we are doing him a favour by not signing him 

I couldnt agree more, I was gobsmacked when i read that press release. JPB is hugely popular with Brummies fans so I doubt many would agree that he is better elsewhere. Hes a rider that has developed enormously in his time at PB, I think he could be one of the best riders at this level next year if he gets a club. Shame but hopefully David can pull a few rabbits out of the hat with the next riders announced.

There are those who say that the NL shouldn't be a development league, but for as long as it is I wouldn't be adverse to a ruling limiting a young rider to one season at any one track. Broadening knowledge and experience only adds to a riders skills abilities and development. 

Fans of NL teams need to accept that a team in the NL is only a stepping stone for a riders career progress, not a home for them.

When these fledgelings fly the nest they should do so with our best wishes not with acrimony.

• Like 1

The only thing now is whoever takes over from JPB as got some big shoes to fill, I just hope whoever it is he’s a young rider so as to carry on the legacy of the club since it went NL, 

21 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Really?

Let's not forget JPB put a prominent posting on facebook a good few weeks ago with words to the effect of  "I'm not ruling out wanting to go back to Birmingham, but I'm just wondering if any other NL clubs out there want to make me an offer".

And apparently he's contacted several other clubs asking if they want to make him a better offer than Brum.   Perhaps that's annoyed the Masons and led them to believe he'd be better off elsewhere?

What a load of rubbish and totally untrue. Jack has not contacted ANY other track. He was concerned of the lack of contact from the club and put a post on facebook to that effect and one club did contact him and that was that. 

• Like 1