British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

3 hours ago, Ossetttiger said:

What a load of rubbish and totally untrue. Jack has not contacted ANY other track. He was concerned of the lack of contact from the club and put a post on facebook to that effect and one club did contact him and that was that. 

It's only you posting rubbish.

The facebook post asking other clubs for an offer was very real, and still there at the time of my above posting, and seen by many others (presumably including the Brum promoters).  Whether it's been removed since I don't know.

9 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

It's only you posting rubbish.

The facebook post asking other clubs for an offer was very real, and still there at the time of my above posting, and seen by many others (presumably including the Brum promoters).  Whether it's been removed since I don't know.

Read hes post again hes not saying the post doesn't exist just the   and apparently bit which you have made up 

This is what JPB Facebook page said,

Just so everyone knows I’m open to offers in the national league not wanting to cause any upset with Birmingham & their fans I’d love to be at Birmingham but I would like to see what others I get, also my sponsorship brochures will be available very soon and would love as much sponsors (new & existing) as possible as I’m wanting new equipment little or large will help and be hugely appreciated!

This would suggest that he was looking for a better deal than what Birmingham were prepared to offer him, nothing wrong in that the lad feels that he needs more money to move his career further on.

And thinking about it Bacon and Hulme gives more points to play around with, rather than JPB and one other, and probably by the looks of it balance the books better. 

6 minutes ago, spin king said:

Just so everyone knows I’m open to offers in the national league not wanting to cause any upset with Birmingham & their fans I’d love to be at Birmingham but I would like to see what others I get, also my sponsorship brochures will be available very soon and would love as much sponsors (new & existing) as possible as I’m wanting new equipment little or large will help and be hugely appreciated!

This would suggest that he was looking for a better deal than what Birmingham were prepared to offer him, nothing wrong in that the lad feels that he needs more money to move his career further on.

And thinking about it Bacon and Hulme gives more points to play around with, rather than JPB and one other, and probably by the looks of it balance the books better. 

Why is everyone assuming JPB is asking for more money than everyone else something else completely made up i guess .

This is what  JPB says on his website.

LATEST NEWS

JACK COMMENTS ON 2018 PLACEMENT DISSAPPOINTMENT

Devastated could be the only way to describe Jacks reaction to the news that he wasn't in new Birmingham owner David Mason's plans for 2018.

Jack went on “Although David Mason said in the press a few weeks ago he could not guarantee me a team place for next season I sort of assumed it would all come together. Birmingham was the only NL team I wanted to ride for and when David told my Granddad of his decision it came has a massive shock.

I am gutted to be leaving such a great club and want to stress there has been no falling out. Terms were never discussed it's purely David wants to put his own stamp on the club and I have to accept that although I am bitterly disappointed and there is no animosity. I wish him and the team every success.

I have had the best time ever I love everything about the place the track and the supporters are amongst the best in the sport. I take away some brilliant memories and being part of the record breaking team in 2017 was unbelievable.

I would also like to say a massive thanks to Graham and Denise Drury who helped and looked after me so well. It was a massive boost for me the faith Graham showed in me and making me Captain last year was a massive privilegeand I gave it everything and was desperate to win something and get into the play offs but we fell just short.

Everything happens for a reason I am really looking forward to riding for Glasgow in the Championship and hopefully I can get another team place in the NL and hopefully come back to haunt David and make him regret his decision.

Birmingham will always have a special place in my heart, and I would like to thank everyone who have sponsored me and all the Perry Barr public, who have supported me. Time to move on to a new challenge.

I like the way he says he will try and get NL place and go back and haunt David.

21 point max at PB . My new year prediction.

26 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

I like the way he says he will try and get NL place and go back and haunt David.

21 point max at PB . My new year prediction.

Does that mean you think he will drop down to reserve?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spin king said:

Bacon has a higher average than JPB. Hume + JPB would give the most points to play with. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spin king said:

The post was to let other clubs know he might be available due to no contact by Birmingham. How can Jack be looking for a better deal when  terms where never discussed. 

3 hours ago, Hunters said:

Does that mean you think he will drop down to reserve?

Jacks final GSA was 8.99 which was riding      At number 1 apart from the 1st four meetings when he rode number4 . He scored an 18 point maximum at Kings Lynn away and scored 11 from 4 rides at Brum. Because Kings Lynn pulled out of the League these points where  deducted from his average so reducing it to 8.66 . He also rode all but 3 heat 15's. Have a nice Christmas 

2 hours ago, Ossetttiger said:

The post was to let other clubs know he might be available due to no contact by Birmingham. How can Jack be looking for a better deal when  terms where never discussed. 

Okay, thank you for clearing that up, the two statements for did not quite tally up. 

1 hour ago, Ossetttiger said:

Jacks final GSA was 8.99 which was riding      At number 1 apart from the 1st four meetings when he rode number4 . He scored an 18 point maximum at Kings Lynn away and scored 11 from 4 rides at Brum. Because Kings Lynn pulled out of the League these points where  deducted from his average so reducing it to 8.66 . He also rode all but 3 heat 15's. Have a nice Christmas 

Hunters posed that question to point out that the post he quoted won’t happen! Hunters doesn’t think he’ll drop to reserve. 

I expect Cupitt to be back on that average with how the team has been set up, should be able to get him in at reserve with Flint which would be a good pairing. Other two are wide open though, Lawlor said he had team news coming soon?

11 hours ago, Ossetttiger said:

I am afraid you missed the point.   To get a 21 point max at PB requires 7 rides which can only be had by a reserve,

Thank you I will have a nice Christmas. You too.