British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Cupitt on a 4.00 looks one of the cheap averaged riders this season and if Brum don't haven't got him signed up i would be very surprised. Roberts is a possibility but don't waste the time or points on Govier there are far too many issues there for the Masons to be dealing with. Im surprised Connor Locke hasn't been signed (or announced anywhere yet) and with the Lakeside connection could see him feature along with another new 3 pointer like Dan Gilkes to complete the side.

Sadly as pointed out its a very long tail and will see Flint move into the side very quickly which nullifies his scoring powers but as Birmingham are coming to the tapes this season thats the important factor.

• Like 1

I think your correct guys cant see any potential tail wagging this season .

If Layne signs it will be crucial he picks up a minimum 5 points every meeting and increases hes average to 5.5ish 

Lots of pressure on flint he will need to average around 5.5 also

that leaves the two reserves to pick up a couple of points each ..

2 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I think your correct guys cant see any potential tail wagging this season .

If Layne signs it will be crucial he picks up a minimum 5 points every meeting and increases hes average to 5.5ish 

Lots of pressure on flint he will need to average around 5.5 also

that leaves the two reserves to pick up a couple of points each ..

Flint at reserve will fill his boots early on which should hopefully keep his confidence up when he slots into the 1-5. I think much depends on the riding pairings as i suspect the make up of the team will change with Davey @1 soon. Flint @2 Bacon @3 Cupitt @4 Hume @5 looks like a very capable main team but unless the reserves can manage 6 between them i can see a few close loses at home and desperately important with that side not to throw points away.

2 hours ago, Brummie Boy said:

Expecting the team to be completed with Layne Cupitt (4.00), Kyle Roberts (3.00) and possibly Tyler Govier (3.30).

Although, the top end looks a powerful outfit, especially if Hume goes on to add points to his average, the tail looks a long one and may be our undoing on our travels. Cupitt needs to build on last season's form and one of the other lower end riders needs to make light of their low starting average if we are to be challenging for honours. Pleased to see Davey in the team, but concerned about clashes with Swindon fixtures.

But who knows, David Mason may yet have a surprise up his sleeve for one of the remaining team places...........

Govier’s packed it in. 

• Thanks 1

Brummie would be mad not to use Layne getting better every year .

5 hours ago, Greg said:

Brummie would be mad not to use Layne getting better every year .

No he's not. He started well for a couple of months then tailed off. Went two steps forward then three steps back.

He seems to be surrounded by a peer group (judging by his Facebook friends) who are the typical "Eye-beef-ah crowd" and his dip in form seems to have coincided with the time his mates were getting Brahms & Liszt and laid in the flesh pots in the sun whilgt he was getting bored washing his bikes at home.I don't think he's got the attitude and determinatioin to progress.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

What about walker? 

Bound to ride for Laurence Rogers again?

On 02/01/2018 at 12:26 PM, Brummie Boy said:

Expecting the team to be completed with Layne Cupitt (4.00), Kyle Roberts (3.00) and possibly Tyler Govier (3.30).

Govier has retired.

25 minutes ago, Argos said:

Well that’s a good signing, also confirms Rogers as TM 

Well that is  2 dreadful signings worst averaged rider in the league this signing confirms our bottom half finish i am afraid 

29 minutes ago, Argos said:

...also confirms Rogers as TM 

Not necessarily, but it does confirm that Brummies_Ste has been retained as official copier and paster of news onto BSF.