British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Well that is  2 dreadful signings worst averaged rider in the league this signing confirms our bottom half finish i am afraid 

Bottom half finish with that head leader trio and Flint? No chance imo 

28 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

that will be on average 35 points a meeting wheres the other 11 coming from to win a meeting ???? 

So we've signed Luke-Sky Walker, or whatever his name is. This is the National League. What did you expect? Tai Woffinden?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adz_mft said:

Some people have unrealistic expectations! It might not look like a Birmingham side of 2015 or 2016 but it's not bottom half either as you say. They've even managed to find a guaranteed average improver in that top 3 with Hume. Then with Walker, Flint and Cupitt (presumably) in the side they always have a decent reserve.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

my bad i apologise i thought we only had 6.11 left but its 7.11 so layne another 3 pointer not so bad now.

Although i will say there is no improvement in walkers average   

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Then with Walker, Flint and Cupitt (presumably) in the side they always have a decent reserve.

Surely Cupitt will not fit now, two three pointers to make up the team. Need two young riders with potential; now where are they going to come from?

Still I like the look of the team, maybe not as strong as past teams but should be up there with a challenge for honours.

Looks like I made the same mistake as Proundtobeabrummie. I was hoping Cupitt would be included for 2018, so pleased that's still a possibility.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brummie Boy said:

Looks like I made the same mistake as Proundtobeabrummie. I was hoping Cupitt would be included for 2018, so pleased that's still a possibility.

correct lesson learnt engage my before my mouth ...

Strangely enough the past few season' I've questioned why Walker kept getting a team place over others but I finally think he is on the verge of a breakthrough and looks like one of the few bargain average riders this season. 

I suspect Rodgers the Dodger is nailed on as TM now

17 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Rogers won’t be at Coventry then? 

You mean the Leicester 2nd VII? :-D 

25 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Rogers won’t be at Coventry then? 

That was my initial thought but have since heard whispers to the contrary and with limited roles going it certainly points Brums way

Strange reaction to Walker.  Have only seen him at Arlington but was impressed how he attacked the track. Better than Atkins. 

Birmingham perhaps not the best team but will be one of at least five challengers in what looks like a competitive league

so far. 

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Hunters said:

Strange reaction to Walker.  Have only seen him at Arlington but was impressed how he attacked the track. Better than Atkins. 

Birmingham perhaps not the best team but will be one of at least five challengers in what looks like a competitive league

so far. 

I'll be happy with an 'entertaining' team, as opposed to the 'best' team ?

A competitive league will be welcome!

My main interest lies within the development of Leon flint, having heard all the rave reviews!