British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

10 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

We're all entitled to our opinions but I won't be disappointed if Cupitt isn't signed up again.

Who would you like to see fill the remaining places ?

8 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Who would you like to see fill the remaining places ?

Don't know really. Don't care either but preferably someone with a clean slate, who didn't disappoint me last year ;)

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Don't know really. Don't care either but preferably someone with a clean slate, who didn't disappoint me last year ;)

Oh good stuff your not bothered who it is cool 

Pretty much sums it up. It's how many feel, who have either given up on the sport or who only go because of the company you keep rather than the spectacle you see.

• Like 4

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, uk_martin said:

As for "very young" - he's 19. Bartosz Zmarzlik was winning SGP's at that age. Really, 19 is not "very young" at all these days. Maybe compared to Stoke Potters riders it will be, and maybe many fans have grand kids that age that make them think that they are young at 19, but in a competitive sporting world, it's not.

Not sure that's the fairest of comparisons, as Bartosz was riding from a very early age. His older brother also rode speedway, so probably Bartosz had a lot of help and guidance as a youngster. Also, I seem to recall hearing his father owned a speedway track (although I may be getting my Polish riders mixed up), which would have given Bartosz unlimited access to a track to ride on while he was developing. However, no doubt Zmarzlik is an exceptional talent and there are not too many of those about.

I would not be unhappy to see Cuppitt return for 2018. He upped his average last year and I would be satisfied if he could do that again, even if he did not reach the 6.00 point average you suggest is his limit. Maybe, Layne is already aware of how far he feels capable of going in speedway; not every rider is going to be a grand prix star or even make the premiership. I wonder how many fans said Jason Doyle would never make a world champion when he was partying as a youngster and developing slowly in the lower leagues. I seem to recall Jason admitting it took him a while before he became totally focused on speedway and less on partying.

I am sure David Mason will make his own mind up about Layne Cuppitt, having rode with him last year. If David has any doubts about his ability and commitment then we probably won't see him in the red B again. 

• Like 1

Fair point probably more valid to compare Zmarzlik with Kelsey Dugard.....oh wait

Layne could easily up his average if Speedway is his first priority and not trying to become a music star but if he continues to spread himself thinly over several fads he will remain a 4 point something rider. 

As for why are the Poles so good......thats a whole other topic

Cupitt now officially signed, happy with that.

3.61 left? Halder looks like the best bet unless they've got a half decent 3 pointer up their sleeve.

25 minutes ago, CUFC_Brummie said:

Cupitt now officially signed, happy with that.

3.61 left? Halder looks like the best bet unless they've got a half decent 3 pointer up their sleeve.

It’s 3.11 left isn’t it? Halder doesn’t fit. 

Guest GiveusaB
On 09/01/2018 at 1:06 PM, GiveusaB said:

Boredom and attitude are things that usually/can change with maturity.....Tai Woffinden is a good example of that?

Not that I'm comparing him to anyone? certainly not Zmarzlik...how many other riders compare to his natural talent?

i agree with large parts of your post/opinion.....but I think it's easier to give up on a young rider than it is to stick with him and try and help/guide him?

I think Layne has the bottle and the equipment to make a big improvement.

I also think Mason seems to be a good judge of character/ability, so we'll see what he decides?

Great news !

What makes Sings4Speedway think that Cupitt can't be a music star AND a good Speedway rider. Sings really does annoy me

with his rubbish statements on things he clearly knows nothing about.  I say "Good Luck" to Layne in his online music career

and I really hope that he lives up to the obvious potential he has as a rider.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, East End Fan said:

What makes Sings4Speedway think that Cupitt can't be a music star AND a good Speedway rider. Sings really does annoy me

with his rubbish statements on things he clearly knows nothing about.  I say "Good Luck" to Layne in his online music career

and I really hope that he lives up to the obvious potential he has as a rider.

There is absolutely nothing that says Layne cannot be a good speedway rider and a music star however In My Opinion to succeed at something and to truly reach your full potential takes dedication and full commitment. Even at solely NL level riders need to find 1/2 days a week to work on bikes, plus hold down a job and include some level of fitness regime all of which prove very time consuming but are required if a rider wishes to achieve their potential.

As for annoying you that's your concern. This is a forum for opinions, often peppered with rumours, insider information and gossip. It's certainly not to be taken too seriously or forming personal vendetta's. :wub:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

There is absolutely nothing that says Layne cannot be a good speedway rider and a music star however In My Opinion to succeed at something and to truly reach your full potential takes dedication and full commitment. Even at solely NL level riders need to find 1/2 days a week to work on bikes, plus hold down a job and include some level of fitness regime all of which prove very time consuming but are required if a rider wishes to achieve their potential.

As for annoying you that's your concern. This is a forum for opinions, often peppered with rumours, insider information and gossip. It's certainly not to be taken too seriously or forming personal vendetta's. :wub:

Maybe Layne will practice his singing while he is working on his bike

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adonis said:

Bit of a blow for the Brummies today

self inflicted too  :)