British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Bit of a blow for the Brummies today

Is that all !

Christ, you had me worried there for a moment.

Guest GiveusaB
2 hours ago, adonis said:

It's quite possibly worse than you realise 

I'm assuming this post is about the new manager?

If so.....'you dont think that he'll have full control over the team....do you?

Guest GiveusaB
2 minutes ago, adonis said:

are you the bloke who thinks Jason Pipe  is a nice bloke ,based on speaking to him a couple of times , and Cuppit  has fought for what he's got and has potential ? 

???? Jason who ????? (never heard of him......let alone spoke to him?)

Not sure what you're implying pal ?

As for Cupitt (correct spelling) yes, I do think he's got great potential !

3 hours ago, adonis said:

It's quite possibly worse than you realise 

Why would that be the case?

Guest GiveusaB
48 minutes ago, adonis said:

lets have a look at his track record of the last few years .  well maybe not unless you are a fan of seeing clubs close down .

How can he knacker up a club that he doesn't own ?

I think I'm missing something?

He seems to have a lot of involvement with the development of young riders...so that must be a good thing....right?

Edited by GiveusaB

2 hours ago, adonis said:

lets have a look at his track record of the last few years .  well maybe not unless you are a fan of seeing clubs close down .

Adonis have I upset you ?  What tracks have I closed down then?  I was working for Newport but I didn't close it down ...that was due to stock cars pulling out at last moment. I was at Coventry but did I close that down ? No ..in fact I wouldn't have been there as joined with Mark Phillips to SAVE Plymouth . So unsure what you are on about ?? 

• Like 2

No one likes being on the receiving end of these kind of comments Laurence, but best to ignore them and just crack on with the job in hand. Best wishes for a successful association with the Brummies. You did a good job under difficult circumstances at Bordesley Green all those years ago so it's good to have you back on the right side of the pits again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianbuck said:

No one likes being on the receiving end of these kind of comments Laurence, but best to ignore them and just crack on with the job in hand. Best wishes for a successful association with the Brummies. You did a good job under difficult circumstances at Bordesley Green all those years ago so it's good to have you back on the right side of the pits again!

thanks Brian. I rarely come on here and wondered what this guy was on !!  

1 hour ago, LaurenceRogers said:

thanks Brian. I rarely come on here and wondered what this guy was on !!  

This is why the majority  did not want  you as  team manager so unprofessional spouting off on the speedway forum head in hands man so so so amateurish. 

Hopefully the Masons will be notified of this and tell you to wind your neck in spats on social media is hopefully not condoned by the management .

Personally now your appointed you have my full backing as a Brummies fan i will support you and your riders as much as possible and will still be getting my season ticket.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

This is why the majority  did not want  you as  team manager so unprofessional spouting off on the speedway forum head in hands man so so so amateurish. 

Hopefully the Masons will be notified of this and tell you to wind your neck in spats on social media is hopefully not condoned by the management .

Personally now your appointed you have my full backing as a Brummies fan i will support you and your riders as much as possible and will still be getting my season ticket.

Don't be so arrogant. Other promoters come on this forum and give useful information.

Guest GiveusaB
15 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Don't be so arrogant. Other promoters come on this forum and give useful information.

JJ.....I'm certainly not condoning other posters opinions.....but there's a difference between giving out useful information, as opposed to challenging other forum members?

My opinion is that a Club Official should conduct themselves in a professional manner and accept criticism good/bad....without verbal confrontation, or challenge!

That's just my opinion!

Brian Buck's post on the matter is the most appropriate! ( As usual) :D he is the voice of reason/common sense!

I've jut read LaurenceRogers posts and can't see what he's said to upset anyone, I think it's a good thing when officials give there opinion even if we don't agree with them

• Like 2

Have to agree with Bruno.  Since officials, especially team mangers and promoters, get often unfairly criticised, it is not

unreasonable for them to answer their critics and also make comments about their accusers...they are, after all, just people.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bruno said:

I've jut read LaurenceRogers posts and can't see what he's said to upset anyone, I think it's a good thing when officials give there opinion even if we don't agree with them

Like you I cant see where he done anything wrong. the language used by Mr Rogers was perfectly acceptable and he made no accusations as far as I can see. Basically he asked for clarification. Nothing to see here!

• Like 3

I am not saying what he said is wrong but what i am saying is responding to criticism on on this forum or on any social media is very amateurish if  you think its not you know nothing about professionalism in sport .If you want to give information to the public there are proper channels to go through