British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

42 minutes ago, bruno said:

A Forum?

No not at all we have a press officer for a reason like i say you know zero about sports professionalism 

I bow to your superior knowledge and being, I disagree can't see a problem. Each to there own view

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am not saying what he said is wrong but what i am saying is responding to criticism on on this forum or on any social media is very amateurish if  you think its not you know nothing about professionalism in sport .If you want to give information to the public there are proper channels to go through  

But no information was given. Only a request for clarification. As for the bit I have highlighted I have to refute that statement. All it means is that I have a different opinion to you.

• Like 2

On 18/01/2018 at 10:28 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

This is why the majority  did not want  you as  team manager so unprofessional spouting off on the speedway forum head in hands man so so so amateurish. 

Hopefully the Masons will be notified of this and tell you to wind your neck in spats on social media is hopefully not condoned by the management .

Personally now your appointed you have my full backing as a Brummies fan i will support you and your riders as much as possible and will still be getting my season ticket.

Majority did not want you, unprofessional spouting off, amateurish, wind your neck in!!!! But you have my full backing. Very confusing and contradicting post. 

Everyone should be free to respond directly to personal damning accusations.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Everyone should be free to respond directly to personal damning accusations.

Of course they should.

To me, its a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• Like 2

Laurence welcome  back to "B"   I'm sure any negative comments will pass over you and your experience will overcome them.  Roll on March. 

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, GiveusaB said:

My opinion is that a Club Official should conduct themselves in a professional manner and accept criticism good/bad....without verbal confrontation, or challenge!

On the one hand I would agree club officials should try and avoid getting into confrontations on social media, as very often personal views quickly become construed as club views. Unfortunately, criticism is part and parcel of any job when managing a sports team, as the passions of supporters often run high and everyone is an expert when it comes to what should or should not be done. I am sure Laurence Rogers knows this from his years of experience in the sport and accepts it as part and parcel of the job.

However, on this occasion I think the accusations made of LR were beyond the level of normal criticism anyone would or should be expected to take.  I know if I was in a similar position to LR I would want to defend myself, whether I was the Brummies team manager or not.

Edited by Brummie Boy
reconsidered comments
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 4:22 PM, bruno said:

I've jut read LaurenceRogers posts and can't see what he's said to upset anyone, I think it's a good thing when officials give there opinion even if we don't agree with them

My 1st season last year following Plymouth after moving from Essex. Laurence and Mark Phillips received nothing but praise from the Devils fans as were very open and honest with the fans on the Devils forum and everyone seemed to find their attitude refreshing. From what i saw last season Laurence was a very approachable top bloke and certainly will be a loss to Plymouth this year. 

• Like 4

Laurence is one of the best men in the sport at NL level and worked with many top riders too, good luck to him

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

A very sad aspect of the BSF is the loudmouths who love to insult all and sundry in the sport who are actually trying to make it work, while very conveniently hiding behind stupid false names and claiming 'freedom of speech'. 

When someone working in the sport and prepared to talk openly under their own name here then tackles them they then hide behind accusations of 'unprofessionalism'. Yes, this is a forum. No it doesn't give you the right to behave like a poisonous anonymous coward and squeal when someone rightly stands up for themselves and bites back. 

Good luck to Laurence in his new job. I had no idea he had the divine power to shut tracks though ;-)

I was the one that said it was very unprofessional and i have said nothing poisonous or personal about him as i do not know him personally . If your referring to the claims that hes a track shutter i have no idea what that is all about. 

Well said Rob McCaffery.  Too few people on this forum actually seem to appreciate the work that is done to present the sport by a few

dedicated individuals, some of whom invest thousands of pounds in pursuit of success as well as contributing countless hours of work.

Having known one or two promoters at a personal level way back in the past, I have a totally different viewpoint.

• Like 1

Was very concerned looking at the Swindon fixtures that Mitchel Davey would potentially be missing for at least half our home fixtures this year. However, just read on the Brummies website we are planning to run on some Tuesdays next year. Relieved to see this is a way round the problem for the team, even though it means I'll miss some meetings due to having other commitments on a Tuesday. Damn !!!

Edited by Brummie Boy
Further information available