British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB
29 minutes ago, Brummie Boy said:

Was very concerned looking at the Swindon fixtures that Mitchel Davey would potentially be missing for at least half our home fixtures this year. However, just read on the Brummies website we are planning to run on some Tuesdays next year. Relieved to see this is a way round the problem for the team, even though it means I'll miss some meetings due to having other commitments on a Tuesday. Damn !!!

Gutted that we'll be running on  'some' Tuesdays !!!

Liam Carr to manage the Birmingham Bulls . Brilliant news i am a massive fan of Liam both on and off the track he will be such a positive influence on us in 2018 and a huge fans favourite a masterstroke from the club .  

• Like 2

Its great that Liam is back on board,but i would prefer him riding!!... Good luck to him though..

As for Davey, he has 11 Swindon fixtures on a wednesday out of 22 available home dates for the Brummies up till September,

i think we will only have  2 or 3 Tuesday meetings, no worry for me as i used to attend the old PB on a Monday and i think a Friday?,

why do teams miss a Tuesday for fixtures i don,t know....                                      Biggest worry is Hume,s Ipswich away fixtures as he

rides on a Thursday  25 times, a Sunday 3 times and Saturday once, think we will miss him away quite a few times.!!!!? unless the fixtures

are worked out  perfectly.

41 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Its great that Liam is back on board,but i would prefer him riding!!... Good luck to him though..

As for Davey, he has 11 Swindon fixtures on a wednesday out of 22 available home dates for the Brummies up till September,

i think we will only have  2 or 3 Tuesday meetings, no worry for me as i used to attend the old PB on a Monday and i think a Friday?,

why do teams miss a Tuesday for fixtures i don,t know....                                      Biggest worry is Hume,s Ipswich away fixtures as he

rides on a Thursday  25 times, a Sunday 3 times and Saturday once, think we will miss him away quite a few times.!!!!? unless the fixtures

Think you should be alright with Hume? Only Isle Of Wight run on a Thursday? If he only has 3 Sunday clashes & 1 Saturday the very worst case is he would miss Buxton, Covenry & Mildenhall Away on the Sundays & Stoke/Eastbourne on the one Sat. However if the planners cannot negate at least half of that i would be worried. 

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Bluenose said:

I have no doubts that Liam will most probably turn a few wheels for us at some point during the season?

On 1/24/2018 at 8:36 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Liam Carr to manage the Birmingham Bulls . Brilliant news i am a massive fan of Liam both on and off the track he will be such a positive influence on us in 2018 and a huge fans favourite a masterstroke from the club .  

Spoke to Liam yesterday. He is chuffed he has landed this gig as it keeps him invoived with the sport. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clambo71 said:

Spoke to Liam yesterday. He is chuffed he has landed this gig as it keeps him invoived with the sport. 

As are the Brummies fans...........

Still no confirmation looks like spooner which means another season of unattached number 7s i would suspect by the way something i do not agree with should name a number 8.

Guest GiveusaB
7 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Still no confirmation looks like spooner which means another season of unattached number 7s i would suspect by the way something i do not agree with should name a number 8.

I've given up taking the National League too seriously. I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is ???

8 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I think Spooner will be pushing his luck if he intends to stay unattached again this year? Seems more likely he will feature at reserve than risk getting an average as an unattached rider and risk being frozen out. That said whoever it is will most probably get 3 rides a match anyway with Flint, Cupitt & Walker swapping into the other reserve berth which rightly or wrongly is one of the keys to success in the NL.

Guest GiveusaB

Spooner joining Kent on other thread?

LR must have other candidates ?

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Spooner joining Kent on other thread?

LR must have other candidates ?

Possibly although perhaps a blessing in disguise? As for other unsigned riders on a 3.00 Connor Locke would probably be a good fit for Birmingham. Done his learning on the job as he has held league places a little too early but could really suit Brum.

Guest GiveusaB
47 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Possibly although perhaps a blessing in disguise? As for other unsigned riders on a 3.00 Connor Locke would probably be a good fit for Birmingham. Done his learning on the job as he has held league places a little too early but could really suit Brum.

Good shout. Be good to see a new face!