British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB

Great to see/hear that 'our' new management are listening to supporters from the off?

Tuesdays were being considered for a few of our meetings due to the possible loss of Mitchell Davey's services ?

But after hearing that a few supporters couldn't make a Tuesday night? they are now sticking with Wednesdays and juggling the team to find/fit a suitable replacement!

Hence, they're putting the fans first.....over, a win at all cost attitude!?

Respect to our manager/promoters!

Up the Brummies!

I know the fixtures have only just come out but has anyone had chance to work out how many clashes there are re Davey and Hume 

1 hour ago, Argos said:

I think Planning had more to do with it !!!!!!'!!!!!

Not bothered either way, just relieved Tuesday are no longer an option for the league meetings.

A quick check on who will miss what match.

Hume will not miss any match, (touch wood ) not taking in re_arranged rain off dates.

Daveys dates below,not too bad ,only 2 league matches missing ?? ,

HOME                      AWAY                           DAVEY 

May  23  I O W   LGE                                                      RYEHOUSE  A

June 13  BUXTON   NT                                                  LEICESTER A

August 1 CRADLEY  NT                                                SOMERSET  A
           22 PLYMOUTH NT                                               POOLE         A

27 KENT LGE   POOLE   H

Just a Quick check so don,t rely on thees dates

but it will probably rely on the weather i think??

Wondering when we are going to hear who our number 7 will be for the coming campaign.

Only ourselves and Buxton to complete their teams now.

2 hours ago, Brummie Boy said:

Wondering when we are going to hear who our number 7 will be for the coming campaign.

Only ourselves and Buxton to complete their teams now.

There's a Grass Track rider and behind the scenes guy, Adrian Guest who could be signed up. Having "A.Guest" at #7 has been par for the course over the past few seasons, so why not?

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

There's a Grass Track rider and behind the scenes guy, Adrian Guest who could be signed up. Having "A.Guest" at #7 has been par for the course over the past few seasons, so why not?

I think you'll find that he' is far too old to start racing speedway ? (with all due respect to Adrian).

Only other good 3 pointer I see that's not got a team would be Shaun Tedham ?

Just seems a little strange to wait so long to announce the final rider if its going to be a known entity like Tedham, Locke, Roberts etc and odd to overlook the previous mentioned for an untried rider like Whitehouse, Whitehead or Chattin? I have a suspicion it could be another promising Junior stepping up or a sneaky Aussie with a British grandmother but i have no idea who that might be.

Guest GiveusaB
14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Just seems a little strange to wait so long to announce the final rider if its going to be a known entity like Tedham, Locke, Roberts etc and odd to overlook the previous mentioned for an untried rider like Whitehouse, Whitehead or Chattin? I have a suspicion it could be another promising Junior stepping up or a sneaky Aussie with a British grandmother but i have no idea who that might be.

It definitely isnt Chattin (not ready) and Roberts (signed as No.8) ?

Roberts rode with promise last season and if he's our No.8, then I'm hopeful that this last signing is going to be an exciting, future prospect with a lot of ability already?

Isnt it funny.....but the longer the build up, the bigger the expectation? (human nature at work)

18 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

It definitely isnt Chattin (not ready) and Roberts (signed as No.8) ?

Roberts rode with promise last season and if he's our No.8, then I'm hopeful that this last signing is going to be an exciting, future prospect with a lot of ability already?

Isnt it funny.....but the longer the build up, the bigger the expectation? (human nature at work)

Agree with that. Both lads need a little bit longer to progress and much better than being thrown in too early, failing and drifting away from the sport altogether like so many before them. The expectation is becoming greater which could leave to a huge anti-climax?

Guest GiveusaB
36 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Agree with that. Both lads need a little bit longer to progress and much better than being thrown in too early, failing and drifting away from the sport altogether like so many before them. The expectation is becoming greater which could leave to a huge anti-climax?

Absolutely!

After all, it's only the National League, so I'm keeping my 'hopes' under control ;)

They must already know/have who they want to give Roberts a number 8 role. 

Edited by Islander15