British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

Gotta admit i'm not sure why Birmingham went with Davey instead of JPB! They are both of a similar standard now, but expect JPB to improve greatly over the season compared to Davey! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Gotta admit i'm not sure why Birmingham went with Davey instead of JPB! They are both of a similar standard now, but expect JPB to improve greatly over the season compared to Davey! 

Would think there are several contributing factors including Rogers working with Davey previously, rider management perhaps being easier, a better reputation regarding equipment maintenance? There is no doubting that JPB is a huge talent on the bike but i suspect Davey is the better team man plus i happen to think he will improve greatly and prove many doubters at Swindon wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Would think there are several contributing factors including Rogers working with Davey previously, rider management perhaps being easier, a better reputation regarding equipment maintenance? There is no doubting that JPB is a huge talent on the bike but i suspect Davey is the better team man plus i happen to think he will improve greatly and prove many doubters at Swindon wrong.

Don't get me wrong I like Davey, just think JPB is better! However Hume is bound to put at least a point (if not more) on his starting ave, so regardless Birmingham have a fab top 3!   

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

There's no comparison for me so far as 'potential' goes? JPB is the future !

I'm sure the new owners must've had their reasons. Mason is a very knowledgeable 'speedway' man and we have to put our trust in his judgement!?

Davey will become unbeatable around Perry Barr ....not sure about his away form as I havent followed his scores in the past?

The blue touchpaper has been lit. Let's see how long before those who prefer "jumpers for goal posts" speedway pipe up about the announcement that the Brummies will be riding in team race suits this year?

Makes you think the most financially well off club I the Country and the most successful team on the Track in the Last 15 years Poole have announced they are not using Race Suits this season as a cut costing exercise, yet Birmingham are buying them,I personally like them until there’s an injury or a d,up rider is riding in the top league and the riders brought in wear some crap top.  

15 hours ago, uk_martin said:

The blue touchpaper has been lit. Let's see how long before those who prefer "jumpers for goal posts" speedway pipe up about the announcement that the Brummies will be riding in team race suits this year?

Or lets see how long before someone makes a comment designed to try and bait those that are not enamoured of race suits.........................

Personally I don't like team suits but understand the stated reasons for them. If it helps sell us a team for sponsors then I will just have to get over them.

32 minutes ago, guitar_art said:

Or lets see how long before someone makes a comment designed to try and bait those that are not enamoured of race suits.........................

LOL

The thread's been dead for a week...someone has to prove that there's still life in the CIty.

Similar tactic has been used by Eastbourne for several seasons and its a clever one. Get sponsors to cover the costs of the race suits and sponsor gets them at the end of the year. Designs will always split opinions but ive never been that keen on the plain yellow with red B so matching suits will always look better IMO plus its another way of attracting the signature of potential riders to be signed.

Guest GiveusaB

I like the reasoning behind 'our new owners' decision to wear 'uni-formal' race suits....it's a very professional approach.

However....I do prefer to see just the famous (well famous if you're an old git like me...) Big Red 'B' on a yellow background ?

My personal preference would be, 'black race suits, with the above on the chest and number (no names) on the back!

Although I'm a bit of a traditionalist, I do like the new design and think this is a very professional move. I've always been a strong advocate of the big red B and don't want to see it reduced in size. My one gripe in the last few seasons (and this doesn't only apply to Birmingham) is that the numbers on the reverse of the colours is far too small and is much too difficult to see from the terraces.

• Like 2