British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

16 hours ago, pete cc said:

Oops, I was guessing, didn't know I was close to the mark.

Actually, everybody is guessing!

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

Actually, everybody is guessing!

Why?

What's the point of dragging on the announcement of the 7th rider any more? Cut out the messing and the guessing. It's only a #7 FFS, it's not like everyone's holding their breath for a new world beating superstar #1 to be announced.

Let's just have the announcement and let's get on with it.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
24 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Why?

What's the point of dragging on the announcement of the 7th rider any more? Cut out the messing and the guessing. It's only a #7 FFS, it's not like everyone's holding their breath for a new world beating superstar #1 to be announced.

made me smile! thank you uk_martin!

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Why?

Possibly giving those who prepare their own race cards time to brace themselves..........

Maybe they cant announce who the new rider is until certain, immigration clearances have been obtained, its pretty obvious they know the rider they want having put Roberts in as the No 8.

20 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Why?

The whole point is that he may become a new superstar No. 1, like Zach W and JPB!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, *JJ said:

The whole point is that he may become a new superstar No. 1, like Zach W and JPB!

IF it is who i believe then no chance of that situation happening. Quite likely to do alright but also likely to get some shale rash during the season. Will have done well to finish on a 5 point ave. Flint on the other hand has true pedigree and for him the skies the limit.

So who do you think it is, Sings?

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

So who do you think it is, Sings?

I'd tell you but I fear people will think I'm just trying to get a high scrabble score

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I'd tell you but I fear people will think I'm just trying to get a high scrabble score

Just like Coventry did when they named the only team he’s ridden for: Mercia Vikings. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

Maybe they cant announce who the new rider is until certain, immigration clearances have been obtained, its pretty obvious they know the rider they want having put Roberts in as the No 8.

What's the matter? Is he holed up in "The Jungle" in Calais, or something?

I thought that the the NL was supposed to be about British riders, not foreigners. Are Birmingham now going down the rule bending route that Poole & co get accused of?

For Christs sake, it's going to be a 3 point average, 7th best rider in a 3rd division team in a 2nd rate league in the speedway's equivalent of the Third World. I wish they'd just cut through the crap and get on with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It's only eight letters .. ;)

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

IF it is who i believe then no chance of that situation happening. Quite likely to do alright but also likely to get some shale rash during the season. Will have done well to finish on a 5 point ave. Flint on the other hand has true pedigree and for him the skies the limit.

Well having seen him ride at Scunthorpe many times and beating JPB on several occasions it will be much higher than 5  

Guest GiveusaB

It's got people talking and I'm sure that's what the 'new' owners will have wanted ?

Great PR work by Lee Kilby imo!