British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

BIRMINGHAM have reduced admission prices for their season opener – which will also see Under 16s let in for free.

The Edwards Plumbing Brummies get their 2018 campaign underway when they host Midland rivals Coventry at Perry Barr on Wednesday, March 28 (7.30).

Not only have co-promoters David and Peter Mason raised the free admission age bracket for one meeting only, but they have also decided to cut Adult and Senior prices to just £10.

However, supporters should note that season tickets will NOT be valid for this meeting.

David Mason explained: “When we launched our season ticket sales, we only had one scheduled challenge fixture at Perry Barr which was included in the deal.

“But once we decided to accept another request for an additional challenge at home, we were keen to reduce admission for our supporters.

“To save any confusion, the challenge meeting included for season ticket holders will be at home to Kent on Wednesday, April 4 with our opener against Coventry on March 28 running with the reduced admission prices for everyone.

“We’ve got a lot planned for that opening night and we want to make a racenight more than just 15 heats of speedway.

“As supporters will already know we’ve got a lot of second half and Midland Development League action scheduled this season which automatically increases the value for money.

“We’re also looking into various bits of additional entertainment and we just want to get the crowd as involved as we possibly can.

“The supporters have been absolutely superb with us since we took over at the club and we can’t thank them enough.

“That’s another reason we decided to reduce admission prices against Coventry and hopefully plenty will bring along someone under the age of 16 with them, and get them hooked on speedway because the kids are the future of our sport.”

32 minutes ago, Argos said:

Are Lee Kirby of Lawrence Rogers Co Promoters at Birmingham 

The TwoMasons are the promoters

Lawrence Rogers is the Team Manager

Lee Kilby is the Commercial Manager

On 02/03/2018 at 1:45 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I'd tell you but I fear people will think I'm just trying to get a high scrabble score

Is he Welsh? :D

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

The TwoMasons are the promoters

Lawrence Rogers is the Team Manager

Lee Kilby is the Commercial Manager

Thanks 

So Tom Perry signed a contract but got let down as his average didn’t fit! His average is lower than Bacon & Davey and Hume signed months ago, so was the original plan to have them as a top 4?? Top heavy alright! All I can think is they thought the average limit would go up at the AGM, but if Birmingham changed their mind on Perry that long ago then you would’ve thought he would’ve found a team place when others were still building there’s. 

On 02/03/2018 at 1:45 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I'd tell you but I fear people will think I'm just trying to get a high scrabble score

26..... unless you can get the Z on a triple letter score.

• Thanks 1

Guest GiveusaB
7 hours ago, guitar_art said:

BIRMINGHAM have reduced admission prices for their season opener – which will also see Under 16s let in for free.

The Edwards Plumbing Brummies get their 2018 campaign underway when they host Midland rivals Coventry at Perry Barr on Wednesday, March 28 (7.30).

Not only have co-promoters David and Peter Mason raised the free admission age bracket for one meeting only, but they have also decided to cut Adult and Senior prices to just £10.

However, supporters should note that season tickets will NOT be valid for this meeting.

David Mason explained: “When we launched our season ticket sales, we only had one scheduled challenge fixture at Perry Barr which was included in the deal.

“But once we decided to accept another request for an additional challenge at home, we were keen to reduce admission for our supporters.

“To save any confusion, the challenge meeting included for season ticket holders will be at home to Kent on Wednesday, April 4 with our opener against Coventry on March 28 running with the reduced admission prices for everyone.

“We’ve got a lot planned for that opening night and we want to make a racenight more than just 15 heats of speedway.

“As supporters will already know we’ve got a lot of second half and Midland Development League action scheduled this season which automatically increases the value for money.

“We’re also looking into various bits of additional entertainment and we just want to get the crowd as involved as we possibly can.

“The supporters have been absolutely superb with us since we took over at the club and we can’t thank them enough.

“That’s another reason we decided to reduce admission prices against Coventry and hopefully plenty will bring along someone under the age of 16 with them, and get them hooked on speedway because the kids are the future of our sport.”

Great gesture by the new 'promotion'!

I feel lucky to be a Brummies fan!

Its the first season in a long time that I've had some optimism and confidence in our future!

12 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Great gesture by the new 'promotion'!

I feel lucky to be a Brummies fan!

Its the first season in a long time that I've had some optimism and confidence in our future!

What are the vibes about Danyon he has been training hard should be a big year for him what do you expect.?At Ipswich he should kick on at home very good last year was such a waste because he was going great guns can see him being in the top 10 NL averages this year fingers crossed another promising down to earth Brit.

Edited by Sidney the robin

It’s almost down to The Colts regular price but we let under 18’s in free. Well done though.

In fact two adults and two 17 year olds can watch The Aces for £40 whereas when we come down to Brum to watch The Colts it will cost us £52. Ouch. 

Yeah but you can supplement that with your premiership team. Thats why you get it that cheap to watch the colts team.

• Like 1

“In fact two adults and two 17 year olds can watch The Aces for £40 whereas when we come down to Brum to watch The Colts it will cost us £52”.

?????????????  

2 hours ago, ouch said:

“In fact two adults and two 17 year olds can watch The Aces for £40 whereas when we come down to Brum to watch The Colts it will cost us £52”.

?????????????  

Think what he's trying to say is that Birmingham's "one match only reduced admission" is still way dearer that Belle Vue's standard admission

For 2 adults and 2 17-year-olds to watch Birmingham v Belle Vue at Birmingham would cost them £52. 

For the same family to watch the same match in the plush surroundings of the NSS would cost them just £20. 

Edited by WalterPlinge

I think at full price 13 quid is a more than fair price to pay particularly as the the new owners have done there best to provide a competitive and exciting team . The season ticket offer which myself and my friends and family took up was an outstanding offer which saves us each over a fiver a meeting. 

But let's not focus on the positives hey let's look at the negatives and nit pick .

Bell vue Colts are subsidised by the aces so it's silly to draw comparisons to them were as well priced as anyone in the league is costs the same to watch the brummies as it does to watch a movie at the cinema and I know where I would rather be ...

By the way if my kids were 17 and went the four of us went to watch speedway at Birmingham it would cost ME 26quid but that's not speedway related that's more a moral thing us brummies while been the most welcoming folk in the country are very much of tough love and things don't come easy ...

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie