British Speedway Forum
Guest GiveusaB

Birmingham 2018

I don't think it is wholly fair to compare Belle Vue's £10 admission price for National League matches with the prices that other tracks charge. With two teams to support, Belle Vue have to take into account that their supporters have to fork out £17-£18 for the Aces meetings so the prices for the Colts meetings have to be kept low and I would think it unlikely that there are many people in Manchester who support only the Colts.

This isn't intended as a criticism of Belle Vue. Their new management have done a great job in restoring the club from the brink of extinction and they have to pitch their admission prices at a level that their fans can afford.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
7 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I think that BV need to have lower prices, simply because they have 2 teams for their fans to support?

They do well to keep 2 teams going, considering the sport's demise!

That's what I've already pointed out Brian 

I bet the manufacturer of Birmingham’s team suits are starting to panic only a couple of weeks to the start of the season and they still can’t start on the No 7 suit, or maybe they can’t fit the big Polish name on them 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Argos said:

I bet the manufacturer of Birmingham’s team suits are starting to panic only a couple of weeks to the start of the season and they still can’t start on the No 7 suit, or maybe they can’t fit the big Polish name on them 

I suspect they have gone back 3 times and checked with Birmingham if the spelling is right :D

17 hours ago, Argos said:

If it is the rider everybody thinks, it isn't a big name  ;)

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, *JJ said:

If it is the rider everybody thinks, it isn't a big name  ;)

Lets hope he's a big name by the end of the season ! :wink:

Guest GiveusaB

Sounds like a good way to start the season. Looking forward to hearing from the 'impressionable' Lee Kilby, whom I believe has been a breath of fresh for the Club!

Will also be great to hear Mr Rogers talk about the 'youth' and future/way forward for the club/team?

Hope 'our' fans can come up with some interesting and informative questions and 'not' all the 'dumb/obvious' that sometimes dominates evenings like this!?

I don't think our backroom team will be able to help anybody that needs a 'passport' quickly though ! :D

Always tricky on these kind of evenings as most of the questions fans want to know won't be directly answered.

When will the number 7 finally get their paperwork sorted?

Has anyone sponsored the race suits yet?

Is Callum Walker contracted to go everywhere Rogers does?

Rather than can this team win the league etc etc

Must say surprised Mr Mason senior will not be in attendance if is Son is unavailable, It’s the new Promoters first opportunity to inform  the supporters there vision for the club but none of the Promoters will be in attendance, Main Man is only the Team Manager so he really doesn’t know what’s going on behind the senes, and the Commercial Manager will only have updates on Sponsorship, Not the best of starts for the new Promoters, hope Mr Mason senior makes the effort to attend,   

Guest GiveusaB

First ? what is the £2 entrance fee going towards? :D

15 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

£2  go's to

Birmingham Speedway Supporters’ Club.

41 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Hiring the venue?

57 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

£2  go's to

Birmingham Speedway Supporters’ Club.

Gotcha so the Birmingham Speedway Supporters that attend pay £2 which will go to the Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club of which many attending will already be members of..........makes as much sense as your potential number 7's passport application form

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Gotcha so the Birmingham Speedway Supporters that attend pay £2 which will go to the Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club of which many attending will already be members of..........makes as much sense as your potential number 7's passport application form

Makes perfect sense good opportunity to top up the supporters club coffers it's 2 quid for heaven sake how ridiculous are some people